Recommendation? Tiny, high-end knife

I'm heading to Cleveland soon, and I need a knife with a bladelength of under 2 1/2 inches. The only one I've found is the Spyderco Roadie, but I'd like to have a higher-end steel than N690 if possible (call me snobbish).

Any suggestions?

AdV Mini Pocket Butcher, MKT Eris? If you prefer D2 over N690?
Spyderco Dog Tag?

The techno is my favorite small guy but you have to be down with a thick blade. I do however think it's a much better slicer than everyone says. Thing just has a feel I can't explain.

I carry either an umnumzaan, a liong mah endeavour or the techno as my primary folders...it holds up with the first two in it's own way.

This is all personal preference stuff. Good luck on your search!

Spyderco Lil’ Native is right at 2.5”. Depending on how “high-end” you want to go, the Rockstead Nehan is also 2.5”, as is the Medford Panzer.

The Olamic Busker is the highest-ticket item in that size range that I have seen a lot of positive user feedback for.

The Hoback MK Ultra also clocks in at 2.5”

Overall, though, you’re going to have a hard time beating the versatility, price, materials, and quality of the Lil’ Native in that size range.

The Olamic Busker would be your best bet if you can afford it. Otherwise, small but in a great steel, there's a Spyderco Dragonfly in HAP40 steel available now on a certain site - I forget if they're a paid dealer here. HAP40 is a Japanese powder steel, equivalent to CPM Rex 45, which is M4 with 8% Cobalt added.

Enzo Flat Ground Necker. Within the limits, easy to carry in the pocket. Affordable, not fancy (12C27) but a very efficient and dependable little knife. Of course, it's a fixed blade...And there are so many options out there...

Back