Tiny (max 1,5") blades

Hi,

I've finally found a good excuse for buying another knife! :) Normally, my Spydies cover all bases: Police for defence, Delica for utility and Dragonfly for the keyring. Plus the Leatherman, of course. However...

I went to the opera one night (not kidding), and because of some VIPs present I knew there would be security checks. So I left the Spydies in the car, including the tiny Dragonfly. Now I'm not the kind of guy who feels comfortable carrying nothing in the way of self defence (although I was wearing my steel cap duty shoes that go very well with a tuxedo, tee-hee) I realized that I need a small, concealable blade, even smaller than the Dragonfly, and preferably not even a folder. It shouldn't weigh more than an average key, and it would be nice if it could be sewn/clipped into clothing (I'm thinking something like the WWII buttonhole daggers on Don Rearic's pages).

Basically, I want to be armed even when I'm wearing nothing but Speedos! Neck knives are out (not concealed). What should I get? So far I've considered

-CS Mini Pal - is it any good? Quality? Grip?
-Bob Patrick's "ring knife" as seen in Bladeart.com

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Anders

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but Maihkel Eklund makes some very nice looking Puukos in that size range. He's in Sweden, so he's right next door. Heard about him from PhilL.

Go here:

http://art-knives.com/

Either a smaller Fred Perrin Griffe, or the Emerson-Perrin La Griffe would suit your needs perfectly. www.bladeart.com has a pretty extensive collection of Fred's work, and I'm sure 1sks has the Emerson-Perrin Griffes. Also check out Don Rearic's web site www.drearic.com for excellent commentary on the Emerson La Griffe.

Small and concealable, Perrin G-10 La Griffe, or make one yourself. A non-metallic sliver under a lapel would be close to undetectable. It's not a heavy-duty, long-service solution, but for that one moment of threat, zap!

Back