Tired of Bad Mannered New "Shoppers"

ooitzoo

Gold Member
If I've stated something is NIB, and someone asks "What is the condition?", I probably wouldn't find that a very helpful question. If they have specific questions - "Is it centered?" "What's the lock-up?" etc - I'm fine with that. I do find it strange that a number of people have said something to the effect of "It arrived in much better condition than I expected" for something that I've already stated as NIB.
That's probably because "NIB" and "perfect lockup / centering / etc." aren't the same thing. I appreciate they should be and that folks see them as such.

I've absolutely gotten brand new knives from a dealer that had F&F issues out of the box.

BP Green

Gold Member
I've done F&F transactions here - both ways, and never got burned. It's scary sending a stranger $2000 F&F but I CHOOSE to trust people here. I don't feel like I'm abusing PayPal - not in the least. They have made plenty of money off me as I've used them since their inception. As for FB or IG, no way. :rolleyes:

I’ve seen this stated many times and as anyone who’s sent a payment this way can tell you, PayPal is still getting paid when you use F&F. It’s just the sender that is paying the up charge.

ooitzoo

Gold Member
I’ve seen this stated many times and as anyone who’s sent a payment this way can tell you, PayPal is still getting paid when you use F&F. It’s just the sender that is paying the up charge.
Not necessarily. If you keep a balance with them then its free. If you're doing it via CC then, as expected, you pay the toll.

BP Green

Gold Member
Not necessarily. If you keep a balance with them then its free. If you're doing it via CC then, as expected, you pay the toll.
Ahh, did not know that as I never keep a balance and just pay as I go. Thanks…