TiTAN 2.0 Pre-Order / Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
w -- any news or new pics?

update!

The blanks have been suface ground and the fixture plate has been reamed to spec and all mounting holes tapped to 6-32. I chucked it in the mill after zeroing out the vice. Pretty flat!
DSC01940_zpse60e7c21.jpg

I'm a perfectionist so I went ahead and ran a skim pass to just make sure the fixture dead nuts flat.
DSC01941_zps4b027e37.jpg

Next the pivots were reamed to .2495 undersized. After heat treat I'll go back and lap them with diamond paste to each individual pivot barrel.
DSC01943_zps46ead925.jpg

DSC01944_zpsfb8e693c.jpg

I turned down the counter bore's .25" pilot to .2495 to match the pivots and sank a .070" deep pocket for the bearings.
DSC01945_zpse3ab4aeb.jpg

DSC01946_zpsbd029183.jpg

Everything fits perfectly!
DSC01947_zps6a9fef72.jpg

Beautiful! First glimpse of a real TiTAN 2 blade. Thanks for the update and keep up the great work Will.

Looks great Will, thanks. Now, I don't know who let you out, but get back in your hole and get to work!:)

I am still sad i didn't have the cash to get in on this one :(

Me too man. But hell look at it this way. By the time you get the cash I'll probably have my CNC ready and I'll be ready to do some true "next level" work for TiTAN 3. Every knife I make I learn more so waiting aint so bad! lol

Yup, it's official. I hate everyone who got a damascus blade. Man that's gorgeous!!!

Me too man. But hell look at it this way. By the time you get the cash I'll probably have my CNC ready and I'll be ready to do some true "next level" work for TiTAN 3. Every knife I make I learn more so waiting aint so bad! lol

I'll be looking forward to this Will. Cheers.

That Damascus is so F-ing amazing! What Rc are you going for on each steel type?

Well the S35VN will be right at 60-61RC from Paul Boss at Buck Knives heat treating facility.

The Damascus is a more complicated story. Lacy uses (4) layers 5160, (3) layers 203E, (3) layers 52100, (3) layers 15N20 to make his redneck skin pattern. The macro-structure a 4 alloy Damascus is a bit tricky to give an RC rating. I figure it will be in the 57-60 RC range depending on what surface steel alloy is hit with the tester. 5160 and 52100 and easily get to RC 60-61 but 203E and 15n20 tend to be a bit softer so it all evens out to around 58-59RC at the edge.

Thanks for the numbers Will, sounds great.

Yup, it's official. I hate everyone who got a damascus blade. Man that's gorgeous!!!

I sometimes wish I had the testicular fortitude to go with the warnie. But the drop point will do, the crosses we bare.

That Damascus is something to look .. The project is looking stellar !!

The 1.0 has been such a special knife. And this blade just grabs me. The design is just pure grace and detail. Mr Woods is making statements in steel that have only begun to tell their story! Thanks for incredible work Will :)

The 1.0 has been such a special knife. And this blade just grabs me. The design is just pure grace and detail. Mr Woods is making statements in steel that have only begun to tell their story! Thanks for incredible work Will :)

Wow I'm humbled. Thanks for the kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back