TiTAN 2.0 Pre-Order / Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will, please don't even bother putting a timeline on it. Yes we all want these knives now, yesterday in fact, just keep working as you have been. One man striving for perfection will take time to achieve it. Once you're happy with them I'm sure we will be thrilled and any hard fellings about the wait will be forgotten.

Hey Will! Are you working on this batch in small groups or all 20 at once? Can't wait to see more! Keep up the great work

Hey Will! Are you working on this batch in small groups or all 20 at once? Can't wait to see more! Keep up the great work

Working on them all at once. That might change a wee bit when I do the final finishes. I nailed down the graphite finish cerakote today with a 1911 I had laying around. Perfect balance of matte/satin. I'll post up pics ASAP.

OK so some of you guys emailed asking about the finishes. I've been working on perfecting the Cerakote finish so I wanted to show you guys what to expect. This an old 1911 project I had unfinished laying at the shop so I figured it would be perfect to give you an idea of the satin/matte graphite color I'm aiming for. It's a 30:2 ratio that is sprayed on after a media blast of 80 grit AO and then baked on at 250 degrees for 2hrs. Final surface is smooth with a micro pebble texture up close. Very grippy and completely solvent/corrosion resistant. Thanks for all your patience these TiTANs are looking real nice! More pics and updates to follow.

5_zps1649219d.jpg

1_zps754c4b60.jpg

2_zpseff3b1f3.jpg

3_zpsbb391ead.jpg

That Cerakote finish looks great! I might have to rethink my finish choices now. Thanks for sharing Will

2 months is a good estimate. I know I always run over on time but these knives won't ship till they are perfect. As always I'll keep you updated on their progress.
Any updates? Any new info on the coating? Whats the timeline look like for finishing these?

And update the list of who is getting one when you can... make sure to include OPEN SPOTS :D cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back