TiTAN 2.0 Pre-Order / Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the option for tip up be there?

Sorry the 2.0 is designed to be carried tip up with the integrated pocket clip/ lock bar stabilizer. This knife is just too damn smooth with the pivot bearings and the detent bearing and the huge blade. It's just not recommended due to possibility of accidental pocket opening.

Fresh electro anodized pocket clips in bronze and blue!

DSC02130_zps6b855dcc.jpg

You do the extra little personal touches and doodads better than any other knife maker I'm familiar with. The neat folding box, precise foam cutouts, and that signature wax seal really were great additions to the original TiTAN. The knife is just as good wrapped in reused newspaper, but those little extra things certainly add something fun and unusual. Your extras show a real love for design and are much nicer than the standard knife case with a machine made patch slapped on it. Keep at it and I'll try and keep my impatience in check. Thanks for taking a moment to share as it is very much appreciated!

Thanks for the kind words! I know I take time getting these things out but I promise the finished product will be worth the wait. I try and put a bit of myself into every facet of the buying experience for these knives and I always appreciate feedback from you guys.

I love the personalized tabs and the case. Very cool to see the clip before and after bending. Anodizing looks sick! Keep up the great work Will

Can we see pics of the blades ground and back from Bos? Are backspacers back from Bos? Can we ser those? It has been 2 months since you said the extras were going to Bos for a proper HT for a glass breaker.

Can we see pics of the blades ground and back from Bos? Are backspacers back from Bos? Can we ser those? It has been 2 months since you said the extras were going to Bos for a proper HT for a glass breaker.

I'll snap some updated pictures when I get in the shop tomorrow!

Here is some time lapse footage I have collected over the last few months working on these blades.

[video=youtube;qgQ0amA6i8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgQ0amA6i8s[/video]

Here you can see the main bevels ground to 80 grit. I'm currently cleaning up my grind lines and plunges so I can put the final finishes on them. I'll snap more photos of the Wharny blades tomorrow!

DSC02162_zpsf54c6413.jpg

DSC02163_zpsd35d3e95.jpg

You are using 80 grit and doing that much finishing AFTER heat treat? Is that really chewing threw belts?

S35VN eats belts no matter what but a good ceramic holds up fine! I finish to 120 before HT then go back with a worn 80 and clean up any stubborn scratches and work my way back to 120, then 240, then abrasive felt belts to soften the edges and eliminate any hotspots.

What a cool video - I love the see some WIP. Also the time lapse and the music fits well together. Awesome!

I've been sanding and fitting the S35VN standoff/glass breakers today. BONUS shot of the rosewood certificate of authenticity for all TiTAN 2 knives! I lucked into a free sheet of Herman Miller rosewood veneer and couldn't pass on the chance to do something bad-ass for the certificates.

I'll be in the shop all week so more pictures and updates are on the way.

DSC02165_zpsac9a4828.jpg

DSC02171_zps19ecf98e.jpg

Fitting the fresh sanded backspacers to handles tonight. Once everything fits parallel and tight I'll round the edges a bit more with the scotchbrit wheels and do the finish pass sanding of the Ti.

DSC02187_zpsc6a362ea.jpg

DSC02188_zps6ca907ff.jpg

DSC02186_zpsedb9acac.jpg

Wow that is a beautiful piece. Roller detent all fitted and everything. I bet that perf clip will look even better on an anodized frame with the frame color showing through the holes. Great work!

I know someone needs to bail... funds needed.. I'll take that slot :D

I'm NOT going to wait til these are all shipped and THAT week people are trying to sell them for $1k... TO THOSE THAT DO, SCREW YOU.

Looks great Will!

This is what a brushed finish will look like for the wharncliffe TiTANs. I gotta say going into this I thought the straight wharncliffe style bevel would be easier to grind than the drop points. Wow was I wrong. Getting a final clean pass on the grinder with all edges in spec was a REAL challenge. I guess I have a natural sweep motion when grinding drop points that just doesn't work with wharncliff grinds. I will say Norax felt belts made my life much easier post heat treat. :D

DSC02191_zpsc995bf93.jpg

DSC02190_zps81886cc8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back