Titanium Endura liners?

Just more rust resistant. Ti liners and hardware would mean less maintenence but with the added cost it is likely not marketable for anyone other than knife nerds.

I would think Spyderco has all the tooling needed and already has much of the parts needed to do it.

A parts conversion kit would do it.

It would add cost but not much else. If corrosion is a major concern then just get a linerless salt knife. To put an H1 blade and Ti liners in the Endura4 would make a knife that was way more expensive than a Pac Salt.

Economical has no place in a titanium thread. Realistically, there are plenty of stainless steel alloys that don't make good blade steels but resist rusting well enough to require no more care than titanium. I'd be willing to make a small wager that such an alloy is currently in use in the Endura. Titanium would save you a few grams of weight, but the amount of weight savings would probably not be noticeable, and this is coming from a man who carries a CF military because the G-10 versions are heavier. I am not, however, one of those people who think "titanium" is justification enough in and of itself for any added expense. I'm quite sure the O.P. can get custom titanium liners made for his Endura. It shouldn't cost more than three or four times as much as the MSRP of the knife, and it would give him the bragging rights he no doubt wants. Asking Spyderco to shoulder the expense of producing them when even the regular repair kit seems to have been dropped from the lineup seems...well, selfish is one of the words that springs to my mind.

Last edited:
Just more rust resistant. Ti liners and hardware would mean less maintenence but with the added cost it is likely not marketable for anyone other than knife nerds.

I would think Spyderco has all the tooling needed and already has much of the parts needed to do it.

A parts conversion kit would do it.

I have a ZDP Endura that takes a dip in the Pacific when I am surf fishing
and I have not had any rust issues.

All I do is a fresh water rinse before I leave.

But if you truly want a rust free knife.. get a SALT series.

Hi Petah,

As mentioned, probably cost prohibitive any way we would try to do it.

sal

... I'm quite sure the O.P. can get custom titanium liners made for his Endura. It shouldn't cost more than three or four times as much as the MSRP of the knife, and it would give him the bragging rights he no doubt wants. Asking Spyderco to shoulder the expense of producing them when even the regular repair kit seems to have been dropped from the lineup seems...well, selfish is one of the words

... I find your comment offensive. There's no shiney footprints behind you.

What would make more sense would be just straight ti handle as a sprint run but still there is no reason.

Back