• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Titanium Frame-lock #009

Titanium Frame-Lock #009
$440
https://imgur.com/BLuKyDn
BLuKyDn

https://imgur.com/eFvAVTn

Carry With Confidence, Knife Built to Last

A Quality Every-Day-Carry folding pocket knife, overbuilt for hard use.
The knife is a Titanium Frame Lock Flipper, designed for fast, one handed opening, tip up, right hand carry. The Tanto style blade is made from CTS - XHP Stainless Steel, heat treated to Rockwell hardness of 60C, and stonewashed finish.
The blade locks up solid, flips easily on caged stainless steel bearings, and centers nicely. The strong detent secures the blade safely in the closed position, when in the pocket. Serial number #009 is engraved inside the knife and pocket clip.

Features include milled textured titanium handles, and pocket clip. Drilled for lanyard.

• OAL 8.125"
  • Closed Length 4.85"
  • Blade Length 3.25"
  • Sharpened cutting edge 3"
  • Stainless Tool Steel blade Thickness .145"
  • Caged 440c Stainless Steel Bearings
  • Lightweight 5.35 ounces.
  • Frame Lock 6AL-4V Aerospace Grade Titanium
  • 100% Made in the USA

I purchased #4 I believe and have to say Chris knows his way around a cnc machine! The knife has a nice handle to blade ratio and is light for it's size. I purchased it trying to find the perfect knife for EDC, and I believe it is very close1 Thank you Chris for the design and great excitation!

Titanium Frame-Lock #009
$440
https://imgur.com/BLuKyDn
BLuKyDn

https://imgur.com/eFvAVTn

Carry With Confidence, Knife Built to Last

A Quality Every-Day-Carry folding pocket knife, overbuilt for hard use.
The knife is a Titanium Frame Lock Flipper, designed for fast, one handed opening, tip up, right hand carry. The Tanto style blade is made from CTS - XHP Stainless Steel, heat treated to Rockwell hardness of 60C, and stonewashed finish.
The blade locks up solid, flips easily on caged stainless steel bearings, and centers nicely. The strong detent secures the blade safely in the closed position, when in the pocket. Serial number #009 is engraved inside the knife and pocket clip.

Features include milled textured titanium handles, and pocket clip. Drilled for lanyard.

• OAL 8.125"
  • Closed Length 4.85"
  • Blade Length 3.25"
  • Sharpened cutting edge 3"
  • Stainless Tool Steel blade Thickness .145"
  • Caged 440c Stainless Steel Bearings
  • Lightweight 5.35 ounces.
  • Frame Lock 6AL-4V Aerospace Grade Titanium
  • 100% Made in the USA
Would you consider this to be a custom knife , a mid tech or something else? How much hand work went into this knife and how much CNC work if any?

Thats a hard question to answer. I designed and made this knife from scratch, and I consider it a custom. I do use a CNC mill to achieve perfection to one ten thousandths where needed. Many many hours, of handwork goes into each knife. I sharpen it on a wicked edge sharpening system. Except for the spacers and pivot hardware, this knife is made by me, entirely in my shop. This is my livelihood. Thanks for your interest.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I do have an interest in your knife, but I have two other production knives on my want list first. If you have not sold your knifev in a couple of months, I will get back to you. It appears from the pictures that you have made a very solid knife and worth the money considering all the hand work that went into it. Another question, how many knives have you made to date? Regards, Knife Dreams

I've made 21 knives similar to the model/pattern on display, and only one of my "fallen star" pattern, which was purchased by a collector in Australia. I plan to make six more fallen star pattern soon. Currently I'm preparing for the blade show in Atlanta GA. June 1-3, 2018.

Best Regards, Chris

Thanks again for the prompt reply. I think I will start following your work as at sometime in the future I will likely buy one of your knives. Keep up the good work. Regards, Knife Dreams

Back