Recommendation? Titanium frame Lock, other than CRK

Hey guys. I own a CRK large sebenza 21 in ladder Damascus and spalted beech and also a large inkosi insingo in red micarta. I’ve been waiting to buy a Damascus plain 31 but I’ve been thinking and am curious what else in the $450 and under range of titanium handled knives are out there. Hinderer is hard to find… so something the size of a large sebenza, both sides titanium… recommendations?

Spartan Harsey folder will be the closest in terms of quality, materials, size and price, and they are not too hard to find. Toor has a couple nice looking ones, though I've never owned one personally.

Various Ti framelock knives from my collection (some from the past but mostly from the present, listed regardless of size/price):

Spyderco K2, Drunken & Paysan, Nirvana, both of the all Ti Millies (plain & fluted), Southard, Spydie Chef, Swayback, Tighe Stick & Mantra 1/2.

ZT 0200/0300, 0452/0462, 0560/0562, 0620/0630, 0801, 0804, 0850, 0900 & 0920

Olamic Wayfarer and Rainmaker

Real Steel Megalodon (this is my favorite all Ti framelock folder and the one that I have carried the most)

CRKT Hi-Jinx Ti (Ltd Ed of 525)

There may be others that are or have been in my collection but this is all that I can recall at the moment but I'll add others to the list as they occur to me.

Many of these are very "large" all Ti folders w/blades between 3.75-4" long that still cost less than $450 (despite being discontinued) but if you are looking for something really big w/both sides in Ti, the Spyderco K2 Ti Folder can't be beat w/its 4.5" long CPM10V blade (and 5.5" handle and 10" overall length).

USZwaWQ9QXBp

I've never been fond of the all Ti 0562 (or the all Ti 0450/0452) because it just looks too "plain" to me but if you're in the market for an all Ti ZT, IMO, the 0920 Les George collab looks far better to me in terms of both size and appearance than any other all Ti ZT ever made that I've seen/owned/handled b4:

OCZwaWQ9QXBp

Last edited:
Check out the Chaves Ultramar Redención 229. Reate-made, and you'll probably either instantly love or hate the aesthetic. Fantastic knife in every respect.

I'll also add another +1 for the ZT 0562TI; what a great knife. I found I preferred my XM-18 3.5 (which isn't full Ti), but not because the 0562TI was lacking in any way.

The Spartan Harsey is a favorite of mine as well. The Tashi Rowdy Hi-Tech, Curtiss F3, Medford Theseus, Hoback Kwaiback, and Ferrum Forge Masterblaster are a few others. Also have a BM Bugout with FlyTi titanium scales. Never liked the Bugout before but this full ti one has gotten close to replacing my Small 21.

9O0fypl.jpg

I am thinking abot the ZT 640 and the 562 Ti recently. I also like the Spyderco Fluted Ti Military, the Spydiechef and the Swayback.

Personally, if I wanted something different from a Sebenza while still retaining a somewhat similar feel (i.e. all Ti, thumbstuds, washers, etc.) I’d go with either an Umnumzaan or SHF.

You might look at a Spyderco Swayback, but you really have to like the blade shape for that one.

The Spartan Harsey, I just purchased another one that will be a user; it is often described a mix of a Hinderer and a CRK. The Medford Slim Midi is also an excellent choice and sized pretty similar to the Sebenza/Inkosi; actually slimmer and a bit more slicey blade.

I have a few Hinderers but they aren't something I carry often, great knives but the flipper tab somewhat annoys me.

+1 for the Spartan Harsey Folder. I bought one to try out and my CRK Sebenza and Inkosi now sit on the shelf.

I also have a ZT0920, and think that is the best ti-handled ZT i have seen. I have owned ZT562TI and 452TI. The 920 has nicer finished handles and flips the best out of them.73604E00-FE4A-4B83-ACC5-854A092535E8.jpeg

Chaves Ultramar Redención 229
Les George Talos (VECP is nice, also)
Hinderer XM
Wilson Combat Eagle
Combat Elite (Tactical) Level

Back