Titanium san mai ring dao

Sam

I don’t go on Facebook post the TI Dan videos please

thank you sir

Hi Joe, those links above won't go to facebook, they'll just bring up the little video clips he posted to Instagram. You can watch them without logging in or anything, but I don't know how to embed them into the forum page.

Oh ya, there's a little icon in the bottom right corner of the video clip that will turn the sound on if you click it.

Thx Sam

Dan and that sword are both beasts

I started swinging a heavy boken tonight its been awhile

Thx Sam

Dan and that sword are both beasts

I started swinging a heavy boken tonight its been awhile

Welcome back to sword swinging. :D I'm way out of practice and need to get back into some basic drills, loosen up the ole' shoulders.

Did a bunch of Suburi tonight starting out with a nice moderately heavy bokken and going to a very heavy oak bokken

for the light bokken I really like cold steels polymer ones. By sliding the tsuba (guard) up and taping the handle I can close to my ideal sword length which is a 13 inch Tsuka (handle) with a 27 ish inch blade

than I spent some time with an obi on and an Iaido blade drawing and resheathing and general moving about

really felt good and it’s been a really long time

whenever I need centered this stuff really seems to help and with a new blade coming next month after this fucked it year it feels good to be trading with a blade again

Last edited:
Did a bunch of Suburi tonight starting out with a nice moderately heavy bokken and going to a very heavy oak bokken

for the light bokken I really like cold steels polymer ones. By sliding the tsuba (guard) up and taping the handle I can close to my ideal sword length which is a 13 inch Tsuka (handle) with a 27 ish inch blade

than I spent some time with an obi on and an Iaido blade drawing and resheathing and general moving about

really felt good and it’s been a really long time

whenever I need centered this stuff really seems to help and with a new blade coming next month after this fucked it year it feels good to be trading with a blade again

Good on ya. Once lost, it's difficult to get momentum going again. But once that ball is rolling, it's easy to keep it going!

Yep, I need to start moving around more. :oops: ...and make myself a sword. o_O I don't even have one anymore, and that needs to be rectified. :D

Yes you need a sword buddy :)

We used to start every practice session with a 1000 of the jumping Suburi

Those were the days

hoping to be able to get up in the 100’s again soon :)

Those were the days

hoping to be able to get up in the 100’s again soon

Those were the days

hoping to be able to get up in the 100’s again soon

I should probably start with getting into the hundreds with jumping jacks. :D

Back