Titanium Thumbstuds

WDZ Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Just got the bid back for Titanium thumbstuds. I should have them here in about 4-6 weeks. I'll make them available if anyone needs some.

What screw are you going with on those? I used to get the ones I liked way back when with 2-56 threads and I've noticed most all of the ones I get now, even the ones that used to be 2-56 are now 1-70 that strip out if you hiccup when driving them since the heads are small T5 size and not the T-6 or T8s they used to be. If you had these threaded for 2-56 I'd be interested in some but it also depends on the length of the stud. Thats another issue I've had is that all of them are too short. I'd really prefer too long to too short cause I can fix that.

Anyway, thanks

STR

They were made to inset slightly into the blade with a .1875 step that goes into the knife to a depth of .06. The main body is .270 in diameter. Threaded for 4/40 set screw so you can cut it to length. The top will have steps decreasing in diameter. Made to have one on each side.

Ok well. Not the type I'm looking for but good to see someone going titanium with them. I've thought to do that a time or two myself. 4-40 is bigger than I want though. Thanks anyway.

STR

I might do some other sizes later but the cost is kinda steep so it might be a while.

Back