TM Hunt Pen Pal Apprenticeship. A Knife WIP!

Very nice iwould. I only wish I could do such a thing. Maybe in a few years I'll give it a go.

Well guys it has been a bit since any type of update so I might as well let you know whats going on! Time flew by quicker than expected and I ended up not getting this shipped out until last week! :eek: BUT now it should be safe with Todd as he will be putting the final touches on this. Extremely excited not only for the blade and using it but also because after this one I am going to be starting on my next project! Even got my workbench all cleaned up in preparation... ridiculously excited lol.

Hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving as I did, I am also very thankful for this entire project, Todd, and all of you folks looking and commenting. :thumbup:

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing more of it here before too long. Yes, these past few months have flown by.

Hey all, Zach, your knife arrived yesterday, sorry I haven't had a lot of time to post since then. I was excited to open the box and see how you did, I gotta way, I was pleasantly surprised. Your fit and finish is nowhere near beginner. The contours fit my hand so nicely that its hard for me to put down. To say well done doesn't serve your work justice considering I know the tools you have and the materials your working with. You've definitely worked your ass of on this, and it shows.

Sorry no pics, but as soon as I start tackling your sheath, I'll be sure to update and put it here. Stay tuned folks. Gonna finish this project up real soon.

Thank you so much Todd, glad it made it and glad you like it! Means a lot. I will be patiently awaiting these final steps!

Honestly, if that was sandblasted or etched so you couldnt see the sanding lines, I would think this had been made by a pro. Pretty damn fine for a first blade man.

Update on the pen pal apprenticeship knife. The sheath is done, and fits the knife beautifully. I used a deep brown dye to make the lighter phenolic pop. It holds the knife securely and he should not have a problem with losing it.

Zach wanted to have something laser engraved on the blade so I dropped it off to the guy that does that for me this morning. As soon as I get it back, it to have it final edge and back to it rightful home. Check this one off as done very soon.

Update on the pen pal apprenticeship knife. The sheath is done, and fits the knife beautifully. I used a deep brown dye to make the lighter phenolic pop. It holds the knife securely and he should not have a problem with losing it.

Zach wanted to have something laser engraved on the blade so I dropped it off to the guy that does that for me this morning. As soon as I get it back, it to have it final edge and back to it rightful home. Check this one off as done very soon.
This sounds perfect Todd! I am very excited to see everything come together. Couldn't be happier right now! Thank you so much for everything.

Well folks, after a good solid year from this project starting, I'm pleased to announce that the pin pal apprenticeship knife is complete. Pics this weekend, (unless Zach wants to be the one to unveil it?)

Well folks, after a good solid year from this project starting, I'm pleased to announce that the pin pal apprenticeship knife is complete. Pics this weekend, (unless Zach wants to be the one to unveil it?)
Whew! What a year! I have to admit I am very excited to see everything all together, it would be an honor to have a TMHunt classic rock picture if its no trouble. Completely up to you, I am very excited either way. Cannot thank you enough Todd.

Lol you guys realize the classic T.M.Hunt rock pics are just done outside my backdoor right next to my air conditioner? :rolleyes:

Heres your rock pics Zach, the dye on the sheath is dark chocolate brown, then got the laser engraving like you wanted, and it will shave a gnats ass. Be on the way back home real soon buddy.

Heres your rock pics Zach, the dye on the sheath is dark chocolate brown, then got the laser engraving like you wanted, and it will shave a gnats ass. Be on the way back home real soon buddy.

TODD! Absolutely fantastic! That sheath is incredible and I love the color. The etching turned out so good, and its so awesome to see that thing with an edge!! Thank you so very much Todd I am blown away. Can't say thank you enough, you helped push this dream into a reality. Means a lot man... Also thank you for the pictures, so cool to see it in one of your rock pics even if it is just out your back door next to your air conditioner lol. Cant wait to put it to use...

Back