to cut out or not

The op did ask what we thought about cutouts and if not. I’m sorry not everyone can agree with your opinions but rolling your eyes is kinda arrogant. I don’t use my knives for any of the terms you mentioned here but I would rather have a full strength blade when it really matters and I am very sure cutouts don’t add to the strength or enhance the usefulness . If you like cutouts that’s great and more power to you but I don’t care to own them or use them. And that’s my freedom to do so thank you!
Yes, by all means. Im not saying one should like it. Sure it isweaker not as strong with it, Just that all the worry of breaking it warrantless short of improper use.

Cutouts look cool on an upgraded display knife. I’d hate to clean the guts and gore out of one on a using knife. I love stainless steel Buck Knives for hunting and fishing knives because I can wash them in scalding soapy water, dry them, and touch up the edge without worry about decaying matter or rust and discoloration. Having no cutouts aids in that process. I do have one, an upgraded Buck 112 with a Confederate Flag cutout that I own just for fun. OH

Sure enjoy looking at the pic's and reading the opinions, I know there are more designs available, anyone have any more pic's ?

I say knife blades should never have holes in them no matter what.
Maybe I've just gotten so used to seeing this sort of thing on knives at the flea market or gas station, but I can't stand it.

I can admire others collections, however they are not something I’m interested in owning.
If I was a collector who displayed my knives, I would maybe think differently.

I kind of look at display knives like this, when you find a raw diamond it's still a diamond but not very nice to look at, but after it's cut and polished it becomes something to look at and admire. When buck takes an average knife and adds nice handle material, file working, cut outs or other embellishments it becomes something to look at and admire.

IMG-20170326-152256398.jpg

Back