To the Makers of Things, Show us what you do!

Looks great, what is it? Haven't had enough coffee yet. :cool:
A.G. Russell titanium Funny Folder...gonna blast the border in a minute and slap it back together

A lot of great talent in such a small group of folks! Plus our own esteem host's multi-talents Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives , and Scooter's Dopic1 Dopic1 craftsmanship!👍
I've had some fun making slingshots. I've been taking a break from it, but do have a few more planned... John sent some really cool material with my Cowbell that I'm dying to work with :)

JUAXyTG.jpg
That's some awsome work Mike! How do you like the flippers? Seems like I'd flip the ammo right into the back of my hand!
So here's something I actually did make a few years ago...frogs for the CS Laredo Bowie sheaths. Since they had such a large "button", I included a little strap to really lock it in, but also made it removable. I made one of each color for myself, and actually sold one of each on ebay, so I'ze a perfessional! So John, if you ever need leather advice, I'm your guy!🤪

View attachment 1602919
View attachment 1602920
View attachment 1602923
Those are great John! Match up perfect with the sheaths!
Here are some knife handling projects I have done. I've enjoyed doing these but have been humbled by each one. I have respect for the Masters - present company included.

A couple of YP puukko blanks ~

English Elm and Jatoba with a bronze collar sleeved over the Jatoba for the bolster. ~

View attachment 1603687

Teak and deer antler shed and stacked birch bark. ~

View attachment 1603689

Here a blank by ETHAN GOSS ~

Stacked birch bark with bronze bolster.

View attachment 1603691

This one by @BogdanS ~

Apple Coral and ebony

View attachment 1603693

Some more to come in my imaginings ...
Very nice, Ray!! Love the looks of all of them!
This fluorescent lighting in the control room is the absolute WORST🤬

View attachment 1603903

View attachment 1603904
That looks super cool! I went cross eyed for a bit trying to follow the pattern!

That's some awsome work Mike! How do you like the flippers? Seems like I'd flip the ammo right into the back of my hand!
Thanks Dennis! I really like them. I'd be lying if I said I never hit the hand. There's a technique to the ones with the small gaps, but if you're not careful you'll feel it for sure! :D

U082I3a.jpg

I've been swamped with our retirement house but today I found time to take some pics to show one of my hobbies. I'm not a leather craft expert, always liked working with leather but never had the time to try different projects until I retired. I hope to get back at it when the house project slows down. I've tried everything from small cases to a simple coaster, some I like to make and others are a challenge because I don't have much patience. :D

Here's an inside the pants holster I made for my S&W 380, I made it with a removable strap which I don't use

3801.jpg3802.jpg

Back or front pocket fixed sheaths, I used Fiebing antique gel to give it the used look

IMG_7381.jpgIMG_7382.jpg

This is my last project, I love this big trapper and wanted a sheath for multiple use, front or rear pocket or on the belt. It turned out alright but the next one I'm going to make, I'll keep a heavy weight leather for the sheath but use a lighter weight for the belt and maybe the sheath won't bow a little.

bp1.jpgbp2.jpg

Here's a few pocket knife slips, the one on the right I made for CRK Mnandi with quality light weight leather

pocket.jpg

I've made a few wallets, here's one dyed black

w1.jpgw2.jpg

Here's a watch strap for my Timex I wear often, I never owned an expensive watch because I break them often.

watch.jpg

I've been swamped with our retirement house but today I found time to take some pics to show one of my hobbies. I'm not a leather craft expert, always liked working with leather but never had the time to try different projects until I retired. I hope to get back at it when the house project slows down. I've tried everything from small cases to a simple coaster, some I like to make and others are a challenge because I don't have much patience. :D

Here's an inside the pants holster I made for my S&W 380, I made it with a removable strap which I don't use

View attachment 1606708View attachment 1606709

Back or front pocket fixed sheaths, I used Fiebing antique gel to give it the used look

View attachment 1606711View attachment 1606712

This is my last project, I love this big trapper and wanted a sheath for multiple use, front or rear pocket or on the belt. It turned out alright but the next one I'm going to make, I'll keep a heavy weight leather for the sheath but use a lighter weight for the belt and maybe the sheath won't bow a little.

View attachment 1606714View attachment 1606715

Here's a few pocket knife slips, the one on the right I made for CRK Mnandi with quality light weight leather

View attachment 1606717

I've made a few wallets, here's one dyed black

View attachment 1606718View attachment 1606719

Here's a watch strap for my Timex I wear often, I never owned an expensive watch because I break them often.

View attachment 1606720
Good stuff Frank. I particularly like the wallet.

Rose and Thistle Custom Rose and Thistle Custom Nice, Amboyna?

Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck Those are sweet Mike, what's your preferred ammo?

WValtakis WValtakis Wish I would have have got in on that run of BF knives, those are sweet. I got one of the sheepsfoot a few years ago (the 2017, 18? I could be way off there) but gave it away to an old timer whose fingers were having a hard time opening a smaller knife. Nice engraving.

Enjoying this thread, hopefully more folks chime in with their skillz.

Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck Those are sweet Mike, what's your preferred ammo?

Enjoying this thread, hopefully more folks chime in with their skillz.

Thanks John. For indoor target shooting, 3/8" steel BB's. When outside, clay ammo for plinking so I don't have to chase after it ;)

This little one's fairly easy to slip in the pocket and take along on walks.

kx9BvjT.jpg

iXymbSJ.jpg

I agree on this thread. Lot of talented people around here.

Back