To the Makers of Things, Show us what you do!

Thanks John, it's a bunch of layered car paint that was my 2nd try. The first one blew up. :rolleyes:

Lathes are time bombs, can't imagine that. A snapped grinding belt or a bandsaw blade jumping off track is enough for me!

I was just perusing that thread in your forum, which I didn't know you existed until today.

Really like how you did the borders and layout on the lock side too. Clips looking awesome too. It looks like you're planning on anodizing different colors. I'm curious to see what that looks like finished. But it looks pretty sweet black & white.

I may be interested in your engraving services sometime, if you are willing to consider it.

Thanks! Almost done now, just the clip engraving left🥳

View attachment 1717771

View attachment 1717772
I was just perusing that thread in your forum, which I didn't know you existed until today.

Really like how you did the borders and layout on the lock side too. Clips looking awesome too. It looks like you're planning on anodizing different colors. I'm curious to see what that looks like finished. But it looks pretty sweet black & white.

I may be interested in your engraving services sometime, if you are willing to consider it.

Thanks! Yeah, this one is getting full ano too...gonna be epic. Hit me up anytime, I'm always looking for interesting projects👍

At Christmas every year, the adults in my family do a homemade gift exchange game with the drawn numbers and stealing and all that fun. The gift can be anything at all as long as it's home made.

I don't want to make a knife because that's what I do all day everyday but I try to work on smaller scales and use up little scraps of stuff I kept around because they were too nice to throw away. I like useful little trinkets and sculpture art type stuff.

This year I made a coaster that was a dragonfly on a lily pad:

The lily pad is feather Claro walnut and the dragonfly is scraps of Damascus with bronze wire legs.

Outstanding. Noticing how the engraving on the clip lines up with the pattern on the scale below it. Professional detail there.
Thanks! It took me a couple tries to get the pattern laid out just right, but it really paid off in the end visually.

Though I have been out of it for a little while (too busy and currently not enough shop space), I have done leatherwork for a lot of years. I'm no pro and largely learned the skills from a good buddy of mine before internet instructionals were a thing but I've still whipped up a few items that I am pretty proud of - things that range from holsters, sheaths, leather bottles, pouches, sporrans, sword scabbards, and the like (more recently, wallets and phone cases).

This was my very first leather project - I made this gun belt and holster before I was married to my wife, close to 20 years ago now. It's kind of beat up now and needs a good oiling and polish but it is sturdy and I'm pretty proud of it for my first project. I found that silver buckle at a thrift store and thought it would look pretty sharp on a gun belt.

NwQemTQ.jpg

Back