to the warriors ..... CRK's Neil Roberts Warrior Knife

Just recently I aquired this knife and I was thinking presenting it here just before your memorial day, is maybe a good fit.

So a tribute to those who gave their lives and those who are currently prepared do so, while protecting our countries.

The Neil Roberts Warrior Knife was presented by CRK in 2004 and discontinued in 2010. The reason for naming a knife after a soldier was that Petty Officer First Class Neil Roberts was the first Navy Seal killed in Afghanistan, fighting against Taliban and Al-Qaida. The mission he was attending and killed at was named "Anaconda" and took place in 2002. I place some links for further information below the pics.

A numbered edition of 184 knives was reserved for purchase of Seal members only. The unnumbered knives where available to public through CRK dealers. US$ 20 of each sale of the Neil Roberts Warrior Knife went into an education trust fund for Neil Roberts' son.

Next to his name at the top of the blade you will find the letters and numbers BUD/S 184. BUD/S stands for "Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL" and 184 was the class # Neil Roberts graduated with through his Seal training.

The knife is made of S30V steel with micarta handles. Overall length is 11.5". Blade length is 6.0". It comes with a Spec Ops "Combat Master" knife sheet, which is still available as it fits many 6" fixed blades from various brands.

http://www.specopsbrand.com/knife-sheaths/combat-master-knife-sheath-short.html

I was wondering whether the Neil Roberts Warrior Knife belonged either to the Yarborought/Green Beret or to the Pacific family. But if you search for pics of the a.m. mentioned CRK knives you will see that it is closer to the Pacific, if you look at the handle design and the area of the guard and the choil, than to the Green Beret. But then you'll figure, that the blade shape of the Neil Roberts Knife is quite different from the blade of the Pacific. It is more of a recurve style blade, than the straight bowie shape blade of the Pacific.

That's about the information part. Now a few pics.

Neil Roberts, 01

(btw: this is the original Spec Ops sheet in coyote brown. But the previos owner added some camo look to it by using some military colors)

Neil Roberts, 02

Neil Roberts, 03

Neil Roberts, 04

As promised above, two links for more information on the "Anaconda" mission:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Anaconda

or here:

http://blog.uspatriottactical.com/american-heroes-navy-seal-neil-c-roberts-uncommon-valor/

Stefan

Interesting and intriguing. Thanks for the information and post.
Question: is the knife pictured numbered? Follow up: Are the numbered knives numbers #1-184 or all numbered #184 as posted above?
If answers are found in links, my apologies.

Thanks. No. The knife shown above is not one of the 184 numbered ones. They show their individual number where the blade enters into the grip, where the Harsey and Reeve logos are located.

Great write up....one addition ....my Warrior is S35VN. Supposedly they were made near the end of the run.
TC

Great write up....one addition ....my Warrior is S35VN. Supposedly they were made near the end of the run.
TC

That is interesting. According to the famous "CRK history timeline" thread, they switched to S35V beginning of 2011. So maybe yours is from a very final batch, right in the middle of this blade steel switch. What year and month is stated at the birthcard? Mine came without bc. I picked the specs, including S30V steel info, from the dealer catalogues, like Blade HQ. CRK customer service said that there are no indications at the knife, allowing to figure its birthdate. Other than with the Sebenza, where you have at least codes at the inside of the scales, providing a bit of an orientation regarding the production period.

As always, bravo on the photographs! Your efforts to capture the beauty of these designs is appreciated.

I hope one day you get a chance to pick up one of those rare few Cocobolo-handled Green Berets. I think that would make a great subject for your exceptional photography.

Just recently I aquired this knife and I was thinking presenting it here just before your memorial day, is maybe a good fit.

So a tribute to those who gave their lives and those who are currently prepared do so, while protecting our countries.

Thread bump. Here is #1 of 184 donated by his wife to the UDT-SEAL Museum along with other knives from the museum:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/knives-used-by-seals-member-qs.1633913/page-4#post-18679390

Thank you for this post ....I have a CRK Neil Roberts 'Warrior' knife , I'm missing the lanyard, what color is the para cord lanyard on your's ? Thanks for your time.

REB40 ... It appears to be a 'coyote tan' ... I've seen two different styles for the lanyard; mostly a 550 paracord but also a diamond braid cord.

Back