Today was a gift!

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
Wow. Whatta day it was today. I had a terrible week at work. At a job I hate with a group of poeple that have it out for me that I despise..........yadda yadda yadda. Don't want to talk about it to much so my blood pressure will stay within acceptable limits. But today was a much needed and unexpected threat. I woke up this morning feeling sorry for myself knowing that my weekend would be a repeat of many of the recent past. To my supprise. My brother in law called me to see if I would go kayaking with him. Now most poeple would think that's crazy considering its only 40 degrees out. But I'm so fed up with my current situation of employ that I thought this was just the medicine I needed......man. was that ever the case. My brother in law Doug has always been a great friend as well as a great father to my neace and nephews and a good husband to my one and only sister. When he called me today I jumped at the chance to spend the day with him. and what a great day we had. Doug has also always been a inspiration to me. Mentally, spiritially, and intellectually, and to be able to spill my guts to him today was a outlet that I needed. Doug doesn't know sh!t about knives. But he knows me and he was able to put my mind at ease to a lot of things that I have lost sleep over as of late. Like I stated. Today was a gift. And I am gratefull for the poeple around me. Here are some pics.
2013-02-09172323_zps30b3101d.jpg
we did a 22 mile trip
2013-02-09170330_zpsb10efbe9.jpg
my brother in law Doug
2013-02-09172440_zps872fd2ad.jpg
this shot I was trying to ram hin after he was making fun of me. Notice he's laughing his ass off at me
2013-02-09170322_zps0098d090.jpg
here's some TMHunt content.
2013-02-09151441_zpsd0e440d3.jpg
and my Jeep for the trip home
2013-02-09175959_zps0dd71b86.jpg
oh yeah....and a couple of shots Doug took of me at the Blue Bridge. Notice he got my best side.
IMG955642_zpse1c85a77.jpg
IMG955522_zpse2ff9e4a.jpg
when I got home...to my suprise. My 9 yr. old daughter had a friend spending the night. Her friends name is Anna and what a pleasent little girls she is. I fixed them my famous popcorn and told them some of my best ghost stories. To hear them giggle and have fun was a perfect ending to a great, needed day. Today was a gift indeed.
2013-02-09202854_zpse0c2cd5d.jpg

Last edited:
Ain't nothin like a little time outside to get your head right.

Looks like a blast brother. Good to see you got some needed time away.

Dude, that's great! I hadn't heard from you all day, awesome. Azalia to Rocksey?

Hey Todd, sorry to hear about the work bs, I feel your pain. Nothing like some time outdoors to soothe the pain tho!

Glad today was the pick-me-up that you needed. Hate to hear you been bummin' bro.

Looks like an awesome time. I really need to get my own ship in the barlow navy.

Looks like a great day Todd. And your story about making popcorn for your daughter's sleepover eases a little of my fear for when my daughter is old enough to bring other people's children into my house to co-terrorize me!

Looks like a great day Todd. And your story about making popcorn for your daughter's sleepover eases a little of my fear for when my daughter is old enough to bring other people's children into my house to co-terrorize me!

Aw don't sweat the sleepovers man. There fun for all. Both of my kids have brought friends over. So far theve all been great kids. Polite, mannerly kids. They get a little loud and giggley sometimes but that's to be expected.

Back