Today's Pile (groups of knives - traditional only)

These three knives can usually be found on top of my desk. They are in-n-out of my pocket so often that there isn't much sense in putting them away for any length of time. The #14 in Ebony is just so nice to carry in my watch pocket at work, don't even know it's there. The #15 Scout gets carried a lot simply because it's just so beautiful to look at. The Case Medium Stockman gets carried a lot because it's just so darn useful and practical.

Three Elk Ridge ER-938 with C-Tec scales.

tv6mDNv.png

uUhk88B.png

So a couple of years ago Sonja received a "pile " of kitchen knives for Christmas in Norway.

qYuLccQ.jpg

All handled in cocobolo:

SkKYPyP.jpg

krK5BV9.jpg

So in post #275 in this thread there is a big damascus bowie. Finished off and shipped some time ago, along with other items that they ordered it finally arrived through customs and was delivered to Per and Sonja's farm there in Norway:

uXfz0da.jpg

The bowie has center stage in the pile box of other things they also ordered from us, (several holsters, additional sheath for the bowie a saddle chinkasa, a travel bag and several wildrags or scarves). Notice the kitchen knife from the previous pile there on the cutting board that was used to open this pile. Sonja with a sage green sandwashed silk wildrag that we also make and sell:

MpdCnqJ.jpg

Horsewright Horsewright Sonya does appear happy with that wonderful pile of cutlery and leather. But then who wouldn't be? :) Great work Dave, cool to hear that you're international!:cool:

Horsewright Horsewright Sonya does appear happy with that wonderful pile of cutlery and leather. But then who wouldn't be? :) Great work Dave, cool to hear that you're international!:cool:
Thanks! We've shipped to just about every European country, Aus and NZ, as well as many S American countries, Mexico and Canada. Per and Sonja have been great customers for many years. Here's a pic of their daughter with one of my Stainless Gordos:

5SEbBJb.jpg

Per tells me she is a very hard worker on their farm.

Very diverse pile, you have a little of everything in there... except maybe a Peanut-ish knife. Very good bunch.
Thanks John. Diverse might accurately describe my cutlery interest. And you're right, something Small and maybe Vintage would make a more complete group shot.

Thanks! We've shipped to just about every European country, Aus and NZ, as well as many S American countries, Mexico and Canada. Per and Sonja have been great customers for many years. Here's a pic of their daughter with one of my Stainless Gordos:

5SEbBJb.jpg

Per tells me she is a very hard worker on their farm.
That's quite an accomplishment to have an international presence! That's got to be a good feeling for a craftsman such as yourself... kudos! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Now for the Orient!!! :);)..

We've had a few enquiries from there but never an order. Seems like where there is an interest in western horsemanship that's where we sell. Been doing a pile of leatherwork last few days.

YHLy0ku.jpg

Six holsters, two rifle scabbards, a pair of wrist cuffs, a belt and a pair of leggings to go.

Last edited:
Thanks:D Mess though because a) unchosen, random b) taking a pic at night is not the best, but anyway;)

Regards, Will

This group represents some of my favorite 'user' knives. They always seem to end up in my pocket during the week, even if they don't start there. It consists of two #14s, an #83, a #15, a #66, and a #56. I apparently really love Ebony and Micarta :)

This group represents some of my favorite 'user' knives. They always seem to end up in my pocket during the week, even if they don't start there. It consists of two #14s, an #83, a #15, a #66, and a #56. I apparently really love Ebony and Micarta :)

That's a fantastic pile of cutlery John! For daily users ebony and micarta... just feels right. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing. :cool:

View attachment 1052442
After buying a couple more and being gifted another, I decided to do a pile shot for the case thread. Might as well post it here to :D
That's quite an extensive and interesting pile of Case knives David. Seems you've been picking up quite a few good ones lately. Very nice! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back