Today's Pile (groups of knives - traditional only)

Nice group David:thumbsup: but it seems the shield is upside down on your 11031SH:eek:;):cool:

Yeah I found that one in a house we had to trash out for work. There was a trash bag full of stuff to be thrown out with a cigar box on top. I picked up the box and rattled it, hearing junk in it I dumped it out. That came out with a bunch of odds and ends that wasn't worth anything. It was very dull, blade wobbled,and covered in tar. Its one of my first traditional rescues. You can see where someone staked the shield pins. It was still loose so I let super glue seep under it. I think it adds to its overall "character" :thumbsup:

These three will be featuring today, it's hard to carry just one, especially in the winter ;)

MYRYvsY.jpg

Thank you Gev, it's my favourite big knife, the slant bolsters make the Blackwood look somehow even sleeker. Good W&T on this one too but by far the loudest talk is from the Böker, deafening :D:D

Regards, Will

Those bare heads are gorgeous! This is my favorite GEC frame. I'll keep waiting for them to make a clip blade, and keep searching the market for a Wharncliffe.

Thanks very much! This is a pattern that deserves Barehead in my view...:)
I'd relish a 55 Wharncliffe Barehead in particular.:cool: As for the Clips, the original 56 Jack was Clip/Pen but there was controversy at the time about the amount of underblading. That is, the tang being sunk well below the spring when open. Opinion was sharply divided, some stated that it was 'traditional' and was to compensate for potentially softer spring wearing out and compromising snap. Others felt it was a design fault and an aesthetic eyesore, I sided with the latter school;) Don't like underblading, spoils the knife. Later models in Spear had very mild underblading, all are very well made, superb finish in all areas.

Back