Today's Pile (groups of knives - traditional only)

0-C582-C69-5-CAF-4-E27-B924-588-D0-A05-E9-E8.jpg
I absolutely LOVE the Case Serpentine Jack, wish they still made those.

This is my "pile" area as of today.

On the left the 43 and 66 have nowhere else to be, my gec rolls are full. The 43 was in my edc bag for a very long time but for now is replaced there by a bullbuster. The 82 of course is the current edc so it's always out.

In the middle is a walden 885UH, an 8OTY and an 8OT. The pouch on the far left always houses my brown bone 1983 schrade heritage 8801 stockman, it's my "fancy carry".

On the far right is one that is never in storage, a schrade cut 8874. The ideal edc. If I didn't have so many dang user knives I'd just carry it every day.

IMG_3464.JPG

This is my "pile" area as of today.

On the left the 43 and 66 have nowhere else to be, my gec rolls are full. The 43 was in my edc bag for a very long time but for now is replaced there by a bullbuster. The 82 of course is the current edc so it's always out.

In the middle is a walden 885UH, an 8OTY and an 8OT. The pouch on the far left always houses my brown bone 1983 schrade heritage 8801 stockman, it's my "fancy carry".

On the far right is one that is never in storage, a schrade cut 8874. The ideal edc. If I didn't have so many dang user knives I'd just carry it every day.

View attachment 1099745
Have to try to carry each knife, if only every once in a while. Seems wrong to just have them sit there all lonely! :)

Have to try to carry each knife, if only every once in a while. Seems wrong to just have them sit there all lonely! :)

Oh they get carried if they're sitting out, problem is there's too many others that could use attention too. Too many knives for one person to use.

A year ago I had maybe half a dozen knives, and I used to carry one smallish knife for years at a time. Then I got "the sickness." I have between 20 and 30 knives now. Some I never carry--they may have sentimental value, or be a souvenir. Some I like a lot and carry occasionally. Here is a pile I generally have on my nightstand:
tubnMYH.jpg

These are the knives I carry all the time. Two stag, two wood, and two bone. I often carry the trapper on a belt sheath, and one of the others in my left front pocket. The one at the top is a polished stag navaja from ArtesaniaHerreros ArtesaniaHerreros in Albacete, Spain. The next two are lambsfoots (desert ironwood and Sambar stag) from A. Wright & Son in Sheffield, England, obtained through @Jack Black. Then a GEC ebony #15 Huckleberry Boys Knife, a generous gift from @r redden. The last two are amber bone SS knives from Case bought at local farm and ranch or hardware stores.

A big step up from the small pen knives and lockbacks I used to carry. I am sure the pile will change from time to time. I expect that the 2019 Forum Knife will get a lot of pocket time. But this is my "pile" for now.

A year ago I had maybe half a dozen knives, and I used to carry one smallish knife for years at a time. Then I got "the sickness." I have between 20 and 30 knives now. Some I never carry--they may have sentimental value, or be a souvenir. Some I like a lot and carry occasionally. Here is a pile I generally have on my nightstand:
tubnMYH.jpg

These are the knives I carry all the time. Two stag, two wood, and two bone. I often carry the trapper on a belt sheath, and one of the others in my left front pocket. The one at the top is a polished stag navaja from ArtesaniaHerreros ArtesaniaHerreros in Albacete, Spain. The next two are lambsfoots (desert ironwood and Sambar stag) from A. Wright & Son in Sheffield, England, obtained through @Jack Black. Then a GEC ebony #15 Huckleberry Boys Knife, a generous gift from @r redden. The last two are amber bone SS knives from Case bought at local farm and ranch or hardware stores.

A big step up from the small pen knives and lockbacks I used to carry. I am sure the pile will change from time to time. I expect that the 2019 Forum Knife will get a lot of pocket time. But this is my "pile" for now.

One of my greatest honors is knowing that you, Vicente, amigo mío, carry one of my folding knives every day, you don't know how glad I am when I read your post :)

Have an amazing day Vicente

Back