Today's Pile (groups of knives - traditional only)

That's my favourite of the five. I am sure there will be more.
I gave my last one away to a friend I was trying to introduce to traditional knives. His wife loves it and always asks him to carry it instead of his usual big moderns. I have a new one on my "wish list" on the Big River site, I just need to pull the trigger on it.

All my absolute favorites...

Wonderful selection John and also my favorite blades.

A year ago I had maybe half a dozen knives, and I used to carry one smallish knife for years at a time. Then I got "the sickness." I have between 20 and 30 knives now. Some I never carry--they may have sentimental value, or be a souvenir. Some I like a lot and carry occasionally. Here is a pile I generally have on my nightstand:
tubnMYH.jpg

These are the knives I carry all the time. Two stag, two wood, and two bone. I often carry the trapper on a belt sheath, and one of the others in my left front pocket. The one at the top is a polished stag navaja from @ArtesaniaHerreros in Albacete, Spain. The next two are lambsfoots (desert ironwood and Sambar stag) from A. Wright & Son in Sheffield, England, obtained through @Jack Black. Then a GEC ebony #15 Huckleberry Boys Knife, a generous gift from @r redden. The last two are amber bone SS knives from Case bought at local farm and ranch or hardware stores.

A big step up from the small pen knives and lockbacks I used to carry. I am sure the pile will change from time to time. I expect that the 2019 Forum Knife will get a lot of pocket time. But this is my "pile" for now.
Lovely knives Vince and a great post.

Back