Today's Pile (groups of knives - traditional only)

Looking for my torch to light the grill. found it:

3Xvj6d8.jpg

Thanks for your remarks & thanks for posting these:thumbsup: It's very useful and important to be able to compare various styles and how they evolved, rather than just in isolation. My feeling is that the three are essentially variants or adaptions of the same thing-straight edge, the regional differences might be accidental as cutlers interpreted the straight edge locally. Bear in mind, in those days most people never left the village or town they were born in and had little or no knowledge of outside styles until and if directly confronted by them. Thus straight edged blades such as big Rope knives were common in England and known in France too. The Sheepfoot became a common sight on American multi blades, the Lamb Foot being a tapered variant either by accident or design (that's how we do things here etc) that was popular as a utility blade with English workmen or farmers.

Great picture too that shows the subtle differences between them, the Waynorth being the most 'droop nosed' as it follows faithfully the late c19th Rodger's types with long blade/handle ratio rather than the post WW2 versions. Which are blunter in angle with a profile closer to a Sheepfoot and a shorter blade/bigger handle aspect as seen on Wright knives.

Regards, Will
You are most welcome Will. Your last post presented praiseworthy knives and this one contains interesting insights. Thanks! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I too hope folks will continue using this thread for any of their group photos. Pics of the evolution of patterns and brands are especially interesting. Comparisons type photos are always welcome as well as piles for no particular rhyme or reason. One can learn quite a bit by viewing different knives together in a group or "work in progress pics", so keep 'em coming folks and thanks again Will. Have a good evening kind Sir!

Thank you James, very kindly put.:thumbsup:
Evening going well, but the summer this year is not up to last year's standard. Enjoyed a good dinner and thinking of doing some sharpening.:cool:

Today's is straight edge day :D

Wf0Zxm7.jpg
Sensational pile of straight blades Will! I'm especially partial to the Waynorth!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: It holds it's own, even when in the company of customs. Pretty amazing and absolutely beautiful. You are indeed a very fortunate pile holder. o_O;):)

L-R: LionSteel Shuffler, Northwoods Presidential, Alox Farmer, Alox Cadet.

View attachment 1166534
Beautiful pic of a special pile JB! Love 'em all even though the Northwoods keeps drawing my eye.

Excellent selection Josh! The Maher & Grosh looks fantastic with the Ram Foot and the Lambfoot is right where it should be... above all! ;)

Thanks for sharing guys! I enjoyed seeing the pile pics. :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do I need to upbraid fellow Forumites for idleness, depravity and ignorance?? Ignoring this rewarding thread is a provocation :eek::mad: Time to get a grip!:D

A pile of 15s turned up the other day, so it looks apt for today:cool:

M4DPW2V.jpg

Well, here's a pile of knives currently on my nightstand:
VTzuTYC.jpg

There are maybe 6 to 10 other knives I carry, but these four seem to be the ones I reach for the most lately. An ebony GEC boys knife, a stag lambsfoot, an amber bone medium stockman, and an amber bone trapper.

Well, here's a pile of knives currently on my nightstand:
VTzuTYC.jpg

There are maybe 6 to 10 other knives I carry, but these four seem to be the ones I reach for the most lately. An ebony GEC boys knife, a stag lambsfoot, an amber bone medium stockman, and an amber bone trapper.
Fantastic nightstand pile! You know I like the ebony boys knife and that's an especially good selection of reading material. Thanks for posting.

[QUOTE = "redsparrow, post: 19182690, miembro: 391224"] Knice !!! ¿Es esa una micarta negra personalizada en el centro? Si es así, ¿quién es? [/ CITA]
Olexandr Vetrov. Knives with impressive quality.

BlQaeLD.jpg

rQxWWHK.jpg

[QUOTE = "redsparrow, post: 19182690, miembro: 391224"] Knice !!! ¿Es esa una micarta negra personalizada en el centro? Si es así, ¿quién es? [/ CITA]
Olexandr Vetrov. Knives with impressive quality.

BlQaeLD.jpg

rQxWWHK.jpg
Gracias! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

These are being carried so frequently they've been on my desk pile for more than a month.

g6qut2T.jpg

Waynorth Lambfoot, Tidioute Churchill, Red Trout Boys Knife, Tidioute TC Barlow, Moki Fishowl, Victorinox Tinker

Back