Today's Pile (groups of knives - traditional only)

I*USE STAG

GV9Pc6H.jpg

This is a special pile of knives to me. It was a little project that I'd been working on for a while now. I wanted to collect some medium frame case knives with multiple blades and serpentine patterns to serve as carries for work. There was a catch though, each one had to be different and each one had to cost me less than $35 shipped. I spent a lot of time following knives on The Bay only to see them sell for more than my limit, but it was also a lot of fun and I enjoyed the hunt. I ended up with two Jacks, two trappers, and two stockmans, each one of them different than the other. Here's my little pile...

Medium Stockman with round bolsters and spey
Medium Stockman with square bolsters and pen
Mini Trapper with spey secondary
Mini trapper with Wharncliffe secondary
Dogleg jack with round end cap
Texas Jack with square end cap

All similar and yet all different :cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:
This is a special pile of knives to me. It was a little project that I'd been working on for a while now. I wanted to collect some medium frame case knives with multiple blades to serve as carries for work. There was a catch though, each one had to be different and each one had to cost me less than $35 shipped. I spent a lot of time following knives on The Bay only to see them sell for more than my limit, but it was also a lot of fun and I enjoyed the hunt. I ended up with two Jacks, two trappers, and two stockmans, each one of them different than the other. Here's my little pile...

Nice variety. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Vince. It was a fun project and literally took me months to complete.
That is a fun project. My daughter and I are going to the local Gun Show Saturday to see what knives we can find. We've both found stuff we like there before at decent prices.

This will be the pile for a little while.

T-L-R: Kiridashi made by a BF member, Buck 301 Forum Knife, GEC 82 Dixie Stockman, Northwoods Presidential, LionSteel Shuffler, Victorinox Classic, Victorinox Farmer, Victorinox Cadet, Victorinox Cadet

3A8F291E-7A32-4BD9-A19E-D481E7BD80F5.jpeg

Thanks, Vince. It was a fun project and literally took me months to complete.

Congratulations!

In a week or so I should finally have in my sweaty palms a knife that will complete a collection I’ve been working on for *years*. It should have been done a long time ago, but the final piece kept slipping through my fingers.

Once it’s done I’ll post a photo of what will probably be the most boring “pile” to appear in this thread...and even those who don’t find it boring will have to concede that it is certainly the pile with the least variety.

Back