Todd is just First Class!

whitty

Dealer / Materials Provider
So as many of you know Todd, Murph and Allen made the long trip from Indiana to North Carolina to come to our little open house this past weekend. A week before our open house my father purchased a small house on our lake about 10 minutes from town. This place has a spectacular view but the house itself is in rough shape. My Dad has had little time to get down there and do anything to it. There were beds, sheets, some appliances that we don't know if they work and a lot of dust and dirt. What there is not is Heat. Needless to say, with my fathers permission I offered for Todd and crew to stay there for the weekend free of charge. I have to imagine they were pretty damn cold.

When Todd returned to Indiana he asked for my Fathers email. I obliged and assumed it would be a very quick, thanks for the place. While Todd might kill me for sharing, here is the note he sent to my Pops.

Mr. Whittington.

My name is Todd Hunt. We met very briefly last weekend at Scotts shop. I regret and apologize that I didn't seem to have much of a opportunity to speak with you. A lot of time at shows I get lost in conversations and often don't have a lot of time to get to the people I want to. As I'm sure you probably saw, even small shows like Scott's are no exception.

Scott carries my knives there and has been a big supporter of my work. He invited me last year and we all had a great time, this year was no exception. I will do anything I can to help support your son as he has done me. However know that I am from Indiana and bringing a small crew with me gets very expensive once you start getting a few states from home. In my craft, sometimes if business isn't good it makes you wonder if your going to have gas money to make it back lol.

That is why I wanted to send you a quick message and thank you for your kindness in allowing me and my crew to stay at your lake cabin. You made that anxiety a non factor and I am very thankful. Not only that, but the memories I have of the weekend will last me a lifetime. When all of the work was done in the evenings I was allowed to sit on that lovely back porch with some of my best friends and peacefully reflect on the day while enjoying the beautiful view. I hope you don't mind but we all sat and enjoyed a good cigar and a few swigs of good Kentucky bourbon (outside of coarse) It was the most relaxed I have been in a long time. Those memories coupled with your sons friendship and support make the hard things and times of my craft totally worth it.

Thank you on behalf of myself and small crew. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Sincerely,

Todd M. Hunt
T.M.Hunt custom knives.

First damn class!

Amen for true gentlemen! I was brought up that a mans word was bond & a handshake was as good as a signed contract. I have tried to instill the same in my children & looks as if Todd is living in the same way. Thanks for sharing the letter

Back