Todd's knifemaker entry, I gots one!

Murphnuge

Well, you've seen that Todd wasn't quite settled on his knifemaker's challenge entry knife, I was the benefactor. Last night while working in the shop we discussed his unease with it and somehow I ended up with her. I'm pretty stoked since I liked it from the moment she was finished. So now I have a Yuma II(working title)!

DSCN1001_zpsa31f8d70.jpg

DSCN1003_zps48ca454d.jpg

DSCN1006_zps376800c1.jpg

DSCN1007_zps0dd7db6e.jpg

DSCN1008_zpse4afe4cb.jpg

This one is plenty of knife to close the gap between my Hornet and M-18. When I get the M-18 back I'll be sure to get a group shot. We didn't plan it this way obviously, but they all match.

Last edited:
Dang Murph! That is one fine blade. You must be pretty psyched!

I am Gus, I am indeed. I'm not the best at showing appreciation, or any emotion really, but I'm damned sure thankful to my buddy Todd for hooking me up.

Glad you like it Murph.......for everybody else, most of you know that Murph comes over almost every weekend and helps me in the shop. Things have been crazy busy for me and its nice to have help. Murph does everything I ask, which usually consists of the sh!t jobs, never complains, endures my bad mood attitudes and all of this for no pay. I made this knife to enter into a knifemakers challenge at Ethan Beckers spring gathering coming up in May. I never could quite place my finger on what I didn't like, but something just didn't set well with me. So, I started over. Murph had been drooling over this one and it just seemed right to give it to him. I know he will use it as it was ment to be used...........You desrve it Murph. Thanks for your help.

Congrats Murph!
now Todd can make one with a long enough handle! :D

Dang, you lucky f___er, glad you finally got a Yuma of some sort, lol now you have a companion for the 18!

Congrats Murph, that's a fine looking blade.

That is one of the best looking knives I have ever saw.
Have fun with it.

Todd,
Not sure what you weren't liking about that one. Looks like a pretty good entry to me! And Murph, that's some kind of score! Hell, I'll drive all the way from North Dakota to sweep Todds shop if I could end up with a beauty like that.
All the best
Balding

Back