Tom...info on your regrind service?

I PM'd you but havent seen a reply.

Can you give me a the basic on getting a few knives reground? I have a few projects I would like you to work on.

Looking forward to some light sabers in my stable :D

patience guys ;), Tom will get back to you - I believe he was busy with a buildoff the past week...

his regrinds are GREAT, so it'll be all worth it:thumbup:.

patience guys ;), Tom will get back to you - I believe he was busy with a buildoff the past week...

his regrinds are GREAT, so it'll be all worth it:thumbup:.

I'm not growing impatient, good things are worth the wait. He got back too me very quickly, initially. I just wasn't sure if their was some protocol I needed to follow in order to get his services.:eek: I had no idea he was busy.:foot: Thanks Spyken.

I have the same question, cost to regrind a sog srk? could i drop it off at Blade show?

I charge $35.00 to regrind a 4" or less blade. ZDP-189, M4, and S60V add $10.00. Return shipping is also $10.00.

If I reprofile a blade (remove serrations, or change tanto to drop point, etc) it is $10.00

Blades over 4" I will quote on a per knife basis...

Tom

I charge $35.00 to regrind a 4" or less blade. ZDP-189, M4, and S60V add $10.00. Return shipping is also $10.00.

If I reprofile a blade (remove serrations, or change tanto to drop point, etc) it is $10.00

Blades over 4" I will quote on a per knife basis...

You can drop it off at Blade... no problem!

Tom

the knife I have in mind is a cold steel srk with a 6" blade. can you regrind it so that it still hs a strong edge yet would be improved as a cutter?

Tom, if I send you a blade blank, will you grind a primary bevel on it?

Maybe.... I would have to see it and it would probably cost more than a regrind as I would be putting more work into it.

the knife I have in mind is a cold steel srk with a 6" blade. can you regrind it so that it still hs a strong edge yet would be improved as a cutter?

Yes, but I would need to talk with you via phone or email to find out your specific needs.

Tom

Maybe.... I would have to see it and it would probably cost more than a regrind as I would be putting more work into it.

Tom
I understand. I was planing to have a balisong blade cut out and I loved your grinds so I thought I would ask you. I'll email you a picture when I have the blade cut out.

Tom---Hey man!
What is the grit # on the belt that you use for your regrinds?
Thanks.
Rolf

Send You e-mail with request on Your service :)

Thanks, Yuriy.

I too am curious about whether or not I followed proper procedure for a regrind.

I sent an e-mail to Tom, and got one response back. But past the second, there was never a response. I may have jumped the gun by mailing my knife with a personal check of $55 before receiving final confirmation.

The knife was sent on 7/27/09 and USPS confirmed delivery to destination at 7/30/09.

The question now is, do I simply shut up and wait until 8/20/09(the 3rd week since confirmed delivery)? Or should I consider buying another Endura 4 with ZDP-189, and simply consider the first one lost?

I don't mean to sound self-centered or to make offense at anyone, and I can certainly understand the workload Tom has on his plate. But not even a response for nearly 2 weeks when forum activity shows very recent activity? Can I be accused of being irrational?

I apologize if I'm coming off as rude, but I just got off 9 hours of work, and I'm a little on edge, and needless to say, I'm missing my favorite knife.

I too am curious about whether or not I followed proper procedure for a regrind.

I sent an e-mail to Tom, and got one response back. But past the second, there was never a response. I may have jumped the gun by mailing my knife with a personal check of $55 before receiving final confirmation.

The knife was sent on 7/27/09 and USPS confirmed delivery to destination at 7/30/09.

The question now is, do I simply shut up and wait until 8/20/09(the 3rd week since confirmed delivery)? Or should I consider buying another Endura 4 with ZDP-189, and simply consider the first one lost?

I don't mean to sound self-centered or to make offense at anyone, and I can certainly understand the workload Tom has on his plate. But not even a response for nearly 2 weeks when forum activity shows very recent activity? Can I be accused of being irrational?

I apologize if I'm coming off as rude, but I just got off 9 hours of work, and I'm a little on edge, and needless to say, I'm missing my favorite knife.

Tom has his own forum at USN. if you go there he has contact info stickied at the top of his forum. Tom is a great guy and is very, very busy and may miss a e-mail or three. If you will e-mail him again and express your concren I am certain he will get back with you. I have had several regrinds and own many of his customs. Tom also just took on another work load in that he is going to be builing grinders now also.
you will be very happy with whatever you decide to have Tom do for you I can guarantee this.

Feel free to give me a PM on this forum or give me a call. I don't know whats up with my email, but I do try to stay in communication. I have been out of town a bit during the last few weeks...

I am trying to get caught up on the regrinds, but I got literally burried after Blade. Very close to getting caught back up.

Give me a call if you would like.

Tom

4798-233-0508

Well, it's my fault for not having called earlier. I'm not exactly a "phone person" as I prefer to have most personal conversations either in person or via the internet.

In any case, I had simply wanted to check if you had gotten my Endura 4 from Hawaii, as USPS says they delivered it:
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSIn...uiry.do?origTrackNum=0403 8042 0030 1210 7139

But it wouldn't be the first time they messed up a delivery on me.

I forgot to put a return address on the package, but there should be one on the personal check I made out. And the second thing I wanted to mention was that the address is slightly off on the check, with the street number being 1428 when it should be 1426.

So the full return address is:
Herman Wong
1426 Keeaumoku St. A-4
Honolulu, HI 96822

Oh, and I think PMs are restricted to paying members only.

In any case, thanks for your time and response.

Back