Top 5 EDC Folding Knives! Benchmade, Spyderco, and ZT! (Vote up to 5 times)

Pick your TOP 5 EDC Knives between Benchmade, Spyderco, and ZT!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
***DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU VOTED FOR "ANYTHING ELSE"***

*Remember, you can cast 5 total votes!*

I've always been curious about this. These are probably the 3 most well known production brands (In this relative price range. Thank you cashville ;).) and I believe the poll choices are (probably) the most popular models for each brand in terms of general EDC use. We all have a different definition of "EDC" so I included a 10th spot for "Anything else" that isn't on the list between Spyderco, Benchmade, or ZT. You can cast your vote there, and leave a comment for that model if you want. If that unlisted model gets enough votes/comments for a top 5 slot, I'll include it in the winning 5. Most of us have owned, carried, used, and/or "loved" at least ONE of these knives. But to be fair, I gave everyone 5 votes so we don't have to argue about steel or hard/light use.

Vote for your top 5 for ANY REASON. The goal is simply to find out what the true "Top 5" most used/preferred/carried/loved/fondled/collected, etc EDC folding knives are between these 3 brands. Obviously there are MANY other great brands, but these brands/models tend to lock horns A LOT here on the forums.

Lets see what happens!

*Also* - I spelled "Griptilian" wrong up there. Whoops.

Last edited:
I had a hard time choosing between the Griptilian and the PM2, but I chose the Griptilian. The PM2 has a huge handle for the size of blade and I always have to smooth out the G10 under the clip on my PM2's. Love the Manix 2, but it is an odd shape when closed. Still carry it a lot though.
I like my Benchmade auto's, and my Protech auto's for EDC.

Funny how the top 5 rounds out like my personal list.

#1 PM2
#2 562CF (Could become my new number 1 needs more pocket time.)
#3 Manix 2 (G10 version)
#4 551-1 Grip (G10 20cv)
#5 ZT 0566
#6 Domino
#7 BM Rift
#8 Nakamura
#9 ZT770CF
#10 ZT 0350

Busse Park Ranger in SR101 and a ZT0770cfM4 or a Winchester Sowbelly in Carbon Steel see the most carry, as well as the being more than enough for the vast majority of my daily tasks.

90%+ of the time, I will have two of those three in my pockets.

Last edited:
ZT0562CF and PM2 are tied for 1st for me.. at least when the PM2 is in titanium scales.
Top 3 knives that get the most pocket time for me:
• ZT0562CF
• PM2
• ZT0452
Have yet to try out a lot on your list.

The 3 I picked were the Manix, the Mini Grip(Ritter for me), and the other. For the other it'd be my relatively new ZT 0900.

Out of the three, the mini has seen the most pocket time, the Manix is my favorite large(ish) folder, and the ZT is just plain awesome. I love small(ish) folders for their ease of carry, and I really have yet to run into a problem that my mini grip couldn't handle just as well as my Manix.

The 0900 is like a super beefed up mini grip(size wise), and it became my new favorite beater. I feel bad if I'm abusing my mini Ritter, I feel joy when I'm abusing my 0900, haha.

I wish the Sprint Run Yojimbos wouldn't be so ridiculously expensive here (300$+). I might try a regular one sometime.

Please excuse my Spydercentricity:
1. SpydieChef
2. Chaparral CF/G-10
3. Native 5 G-10 linerless
4. Para Military 2
5. Sage 5

Last edited:
Back