Top 5 EDC Folding Knives! Benchmade, Spyderco, and ZT! (Vote up to 5 times)

Pick your TOP 5 EDC Knives between Benchmade, Spyderco, and ZT!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted for Anything Else, none of mine listed :(. Restricted to BM, Spyderco, and ZT:

1) ZT0452CF
2) Spyderco Manix XL
3) Benchmade 943
4) Benchmade 490 Amicus
5) Spyderco Police

I like this game... :)

No love for the ZT 0350! XD Guess I should have filled that slot with something else... At this rate, something from the "Anything else" check box might just take a "Top 5" slot. Hmmm... o_O

If you're going to separate the Grip from the Mini Grip, you should offer PM2 and PM3 as choices. I think it would be better to offer Spyderco Paramilitary series and Benchmade Griptilian series.

If you're going to separate the Grip from the Mini Grip, you should offer PM2 and PM3 as choices. I think it would be better to offer Spyderco Paramilitary series and Benchmade Griptilian series.
I actually did originally intend on including the PM3, but I wanted to offer 3 major choices for each brand, and it didn't feel right to exclude the manix 2 or native 5. The same story applies to Benchmade and ZT. There were lots of models I wanted to include, but with only 10 total poll slots, I opted for an "Anything else" check box to keep people happy with their votes.

Have to vote anything else as I feel: if I want to go big, Spyderco Military, Benchmade 710, or ZT 0452cf must be included and if I want to go small, Spyderco Delica is the ideal choice.

My list:

1) Para 3
2) Ritter Grip
3) Mini Ritter Grip
4) BM 940
5) PM2

Most people have a love/hate relationship with the Para 3, it just flat out works for me (with a MXG deep carry clip).

I voted anything else.
The Spydercos that I am most likely to carry are my Mantra2, Positron, or Advocate.
The ZTs I am most likely to carry are my gen 1 0550 (with copper scale), my 0200kw, or 0456.
The Benchmades I am most likely to carry are my Rift, Anthem, or Presidio Auto.

Now, to narrow it down to the top 5, based on my recent carry habits (not necessarily in order):
Mantra2, Anthem, 0550, Positron, 0200.
(I'll give the Presidio an honorable mention, because it spends weeks at a time in my jacket pocket...but I don't think I've ever displaced a modern folder to put it in my RFP.)

Last edited:
My top five carries, in no particular order:
1. Kershaw Blur - five different models
2. Spyderco Manix 2 - five different models
3. Spyderco Native - four different models
4. Benchmade 710 - two different models
5. Zero Tolerance 0770CF - just one
I own a lot more knives and carry most of them occasionally, but one of the above is usually with me.

I’m only voting for those on the list because “personal favourite” edc knife is too subjective and I have a feeling OP wanted to compare those he listed.

Of those he listed the best EDC knives (not best knife) in my opinion are the 940, provided you get a good quality example. It is light weight so great to carry and you get a long blade for such a small light package. Also the knife has a good tip on it that isn’t liable to snap off.

For a heavy dutier working man’s edc I chose the 562. Only because personal preference. I think you get a good package for the price.

Native 5 and Manix 2 are great choices too.

PM2 will win. It’s a better all-around knife than any Benchmade or ZT and it has a great fidget factor as far as Spydies go. My vote goes to the Native 5 because I personally prefer it to the PM2.

My anything else is the ZT 0550. Something about the handle just fits my hand perfectly. Need aftermarket scale though imo. Factory g10 is uuuugly!

ZT 0850
Endura
Native 5
Sage 2
560 Freek

In that order.

I do love the Hinderer ZTs a lot the 562/66 are amazing and the 566 is a great value at $144 and the 562 is an even better value starting at $200. The 561 is my fav of the bunch but it is a little large for what most want. My other vote will be for the Spyderco Delica ffg

My favorite folder, other than CRK Sebbies, is the Spyderco Slysz Bowie. Great knife.

Reactions: Mo2
Back