Tops Yacarè Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've use this knife five or six times, the other day while i was chopping a pine wood, while i was doing a chopping challenge against an other knife, i noticed that the blade folded right between the blade and the handle. So i've done a specific video about it, in the video i manged to easily folded the blade, and then folded back, without any particular force. The video is pretty clear, shows all, and it's better than any photo:

To me is seems cleary that this knife is defective in the heat treatment, or maybe in planning , or both. The benginning of the blade is too thin and small, compared to the blade size, the thikness is olso too thin. Even the mark of the differential heat treatment in the acid treatment of the blade is too thin, compared to the other tops i owned like the el chete or the tex creek xl. Ultimately the knife is not quite as good as the other tops choppers and it's not quite as good as a reggoular machete. It's a very bad hybrid, and mine it's cleary defective too. I am very very disappointed with this knife. I expected a lot more from tops quality standards, even for the price it has.

I have sent the link of this video to tops, with an e-mail, in wich i wrote the same things posted here, asked a warranty replace, maybe with a different tops knife. I hope that tops will make it right.

What did you guys think about it? Is there anyone with a similar experience with a tops knife?
I remember that mr tactical was able to bend the point of a tops armageddon, but that was not even close to this failure, and that knife was replace under warranty...

I've owned Tops knives and that is horrible. Definitely will be replaced by them. I would also suspect a bad heat treat.

Wow. Im sure they will do right by you and replace it. They are probably going to want that one back to test

The tops answered me:

"Thank you for being a TOPS Knives user and enthusiast. So very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Yacare. We are currently looking into the problem that you experienced and are looking into ways to fix this issue. Please send your Yacare back to us and we will replace it with a new one. Due to our warranty policy, we can only replace it with the same model, also, international customers are responsible for shipping charges to and from our facility. Please send me your address so that I can get you a quote on shipping charges.

Best regards"

I had asked him to replace him with another model. Also in the past years I have experienced a problem with a swamp rat rat daddy, with a wrong differential heat treatment, i bent an esee junglas, i chipped the edge of a ka-bar bk9, all replace under warranty. In all this cases i have paid the shipping charges from my home, to their facility, stop. The cost for the other shipping, is paid by the company, that's how it works with the warranty. The busse group, and the ka-bar have an amazing customer service, they were also very very kind and helpful. There is no way i'll pay all the shipping charges from Italy. I have not done it in the other cases and I will not do it now.

They sold me a defective knife, who is basically useles; my money were not defective when i paid. I am extremely disappointed and pissed off by their response. I will never buy a tops knife again, and i was one of their fan until yesterday. Rather than spending more money on it, I keep it as a paperweight, and I show myself to each friend in person how easily he folds.

Scusa per i tuoi problemi. :( Sono d'accordo con te. :thumbsup: My Italian is a bit rusty. :oops:

That was just fine, thank you very much for your support!! Grazie mille!!

For the other one who is readind he said: sorry for your problems, i agree with you!!!
Thanks mate!!

Hope at least tops offer me a free ticket of the value of the knife, to spent on their website. In the past i've never had any issues with the other knife company customer service.... that's very odd from tops. I have only have had issues with Daniel Koster, still waiting my new survivor, no news about it, he did n't even respond to my mail.... https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/koster-survivor-issues-chipping.1453801/

But anyway, i expected a lot more from the tops.

The thing is... did you buy this straight from TOP's? If you bought it locally, I would suggest you go straight to the store to get it replaced. You can take your knife and printed email from TOP's with you.

If you bought it from an online retailer, then talk to that retailer. Local or foreign, chances are they will send you a new knife for free and then deal themselves with TOP's

For me, when I buy something, I usually buy it with no intention to use the warranty. I live in Spain, shipping charges overseas are huuuuuuge and also, by our beloved mail policy, I cannot send sharp or pointy steel items by mail. I have to rely on another curier, such as UPS, which is even MORE expensive. So screw it, if something is wrong with one of my knives I usually have to eat it as is.

Let us know how it works out.

That's what a USA soil, illegal immigrants made quality.

Only an illegal Mexican immigrant will do.

What, precisely, are you trying to get at? If you're aiming to make some political point I suggest you reacquaint yourself with the rules you agreed to when you signed up for the forum. Politics in the Political Arena and you would need to up your membership level to participate there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back