Torx driver set @ Home Depot

AlonzoMosely said:
Just discovered that on my $6 Husky torx set, I can pull out the plastic partition in the bit storage area with needle nosed pliers and get all the bits to fit inside the handle. Just thought I'd pass on this info...

So simple! Thanks!

i have that same husky one and twisted the t-6 bit and the guy at HD didnt want to replace it! he said i must have been using it improperly! I couldnt believe it! so i went to Lowes and bought a Kobalt one, i like it much better, aluminum handle and it has storage for all 4 bits, and its also the same price :D

Yes, I did. But it came up with in a search as the most relevant thread for my purposes, and I thought that it was better to add to it than to create a new one, particularly since the price mentioned in the thread was still the same.

Starting a new thread or resurrecting an old one, it's still deal-spotting, which we no longer allow.

From the FAQ: Auction / Deal / Bargain Spotting

This is a variation of the "no spam" rules that we have. We know you found a great deal on a Ninja Death Tool 3000 - we don't care.

If that dealer wants to advertise on BladeForums.com, encourage them to purchase a Dealer membership here instead of giving them free advertising.

Sorry, I wasn't intending to promote Home Depot.

The origin of this is that I needed to know what Torx screw I needed for my BM 710. Someone posted the size and he or someone else mentioned that I could get the tool from HD. I hadn't known about it until that post.

I thought it would be helpful for others to know about the tool, which seems to me (as a newbie) to be extremely useful for folding knives. The bargain aspect was incidental.

Anyway, rules is rules, and I'll go with your interpretation. I guess now I need to read the FAQ to avoid other infractions...

Well at least you brought the name 'Cockroach Farm' back to life. Holger Enge died last year and was a true Canadian knife lover and collector. The Canadian Knife Makers Guild Show was this weekend and Holger was made an honorary life member (postumously) and the award was collected by his family at the CKG dinner on Friday. He was a good man, and I am proud to have met him. But yes, deal spotting is not allowed and I have fell foul of this rule myself.

Nobody heard of WIHA ? Fine quality .I bought a set of small sizes [they are made very small] for knives.

The necromancy is strong in this one.

Word.

Yeah, I have gone through 2 of the Husky sets, and they are pretty much cr@p. They are just soft metal that bends and eventually snaps off. My experience, anyway. So I bought a Wiha torx set (for maybe 7x the price of the Husky), but hopefully it will last for a while.

Nobody heard of WIHA ? Fine quality .I bought a set of small sizes [they are made very small] for knives.
+1 on Wiha! I'm amazed at people who won't buy a knife made in China but recommend cheap, made in China tools. Buy good tools to work on your good knives with!

Bruceter

I don't know if its been mentioned but you can pull out the black plastic insert a fit more bits in the handle.

Amazon says it's made in China.

I have one of these myself. It has never failed me and I have disassembled and reassembled almost every one of my knives and adjusted many pivots as well. Never stripped a screwhead with it.

Word.

Yeah, I have gone through 2 of the Husky sets, and they are pretty much cr@p. They are just soft metal that bends and eventually snaps off. My experience, anyway. So I bought a Wiha torx set (for maybe 7x the price of the Husky), but hopefully it will last for a while.

Yeah Wiha drivers are good stuff. I use there screwdrivers at work I prefer there soft grip stuff.

Word.

Wiha is the way to go.

The hardware store brand stuff never goes down to the smallest sizes you need on the smallest screws

Wiha can be expensive, but the flag style handles give tremendous grip and are very small and cheap
I've never stripped one of these

Wiha_37091__43839.1268855347.1280.1280.jpg

I have this set and the flat and phillips set for work, I work alot with control wire and terminal blocks and the flat phillips set is perfect. Ive put alot of torque on all the flat end and had no bending or breaking. I looked all around and no one I have seen makes a screwdriver like that. The best part is that its so cheap I have them stored all over for easy grabbing, and if I break it, lose a bit or the whole driver I can just pick up a new one.

Back