Tough choice. Need some advice!!

I need another knife for a general utility *around the house* tasks.
Choice #1- BF Native 35/65
Choice #2- Military serrated.
If you were stuck with this choice, what would it be?

PS_ I can't buy both!!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Spirex288 (edited 03-03-2000).]

I have both of those, and I like the Military better. My main complaint about the Native is that the lock release is in a bad location, for me at least: I find myself disengaging the lock partially when I hold the knife in certain ways.

The Native is smaller, of course, which could be an advantage. Its spear-point blade with false edge is unsurpassed as a cardboard box dismantler. The Military, on the other hand, works well around thick sandwiches and in yard and garden applications.

David Rock

------------------
AKTI Member # A000846
Stop when you get to bone.

If you only want to use aknife arond the house, the Military is probably better. It is bigger and has better blade steel. If you want a pocket knife that is better for use among non-knife people, the Native is a better choice because its smaller size would not be as threatening or warrant undue official attention. That is, if you live in a jurisdiction with a short legal blade limit.

whether you CAN get both or not, I'd imagine you WILL get both eventually. it just happens. for right now, i'd get the bf native, only a few left. great everyday knife, and most people don't think it looks evil. the military will be around for a long time, so you can pick one up later. either one you get, you will enjoy

No contest
biggrin.gif

Blade Forums BLUE Native!
smile.gif
You can always buy the serrated Military since it is a standard shelf item. BN was short run special with G-10 scales. Just my two cents worth.

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

I caved in guys. I ordered both today out of mere compulsiveness. I made the plastic stretch a little. This WILL be it for a while.
The BF Native does have G10 and the 440V blade right?
Thanks for the help.

BF Native, G-10 and 440-V. Very nice. I hope you got the neck sheath. Perfect for wearing around the house.

------------------
Dennis Bible

Anyone have the sheath in stock? I'll probably have to go straight for the source (River City Sheaths).
I sent away an order for the Military pouch in carbon fiber pattern a few days ago. Can't wait to get it. From the past pics of the neck sheath, I'll be getting that too.

Back