Toughest, Longest-lasting clothing brands?

Bought my Barbour jacket in 1992 - still fine with a nice patina from rewaxing every few years.

Swazi gear impresses me for hunting/farm wear and I had a couple of pairs of Woolrich shorts that I couldn't wear out doing all sorts of stuff up in the islands. Expanding waistline consigned them to a box in the garage.

Saw an ancient Carhartt canvas jacket in a surplus store this weekend. Nicely broken in, a little fraying at the cuffs, I may go back and buy it - was cheap enough.

I wear a lot of Carhartt for durability.

For boot socks Redhead (Bass Pro store brand) has the best deal going. $10 a pair, lifetime warranty. If you wear them out take em in and they'll swap em out. No questions asked. I usually get a year or so out of a pair before they start getting threadbare. Comfy socks to boot.

Been rocking out a pair of their super thick 100% merino socks for a couple years now for cold weather MTB (I think they were a bit more than $10, but have hte lifetime warranty). Definately have held up thebest of any sock I've owned... Still look and feel as good as the day they were new and they have a BUNCH of hours of trail time on them.

i havent read this whole thread, but Dickies are hard top beat for the money

they last just as long as Carharts for half the price

Back