Track Rock 2019

Another great event! Got to watch paul brach forge and grind out some huge bowie style blades, then watch @Fiddleback shape the handle on one of them. And that Bmurray Bmurray chili though. NOLA NOLA we missed the cobbler for sure. Bought some cool stuff from Pop’s Knife Supply booth and also had the privilege of looking over three @JBKnifeworks kitchen knives that were nearly finished. I have never seen such a clean and precise distal taper on a long thin blade w/ tall grind like that. Seriously considering one now.

Big thank you to @Cohutta, @Fiddleback, and C crex for helping guide me through the knife making process again. I will finish that knife one of these days (years).

Most importantly, the opportunity to hang with some of the best people on the planet is what it’s all about for me.

BTW, did anyone hear who won the scott garrison knife giveaway drawing? :eek: :D What a great day!

BB6A8AAF-4122-4ED5-80E2-6883B7A7B823.jpeg

3B8654D8-47DC-45D3-A75C-2AA85A2EE637.jpeg

Last edited:
I swear my boys and I plan our year around Trackrock dates. This one was particularly memorable, especially for my youngest. Many thanks to everyone for a great weekend, and a special nod to the Georgia Knifemakers Guild, GoatnHammer, and the rest of the crew.

IMG_20190324_161641_816.jpg Screenshot_20190324-193404_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190324-193511_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190324-193532_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190324-193434_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190324-193520_Gallery.jpg IMG_20190324_181604_157.jpg

Amazing pics Luca917 Luca917 ——you teaching photography now? Those images. And congrats to your son for having been awarded a very nice setup. What a proud moment on Saturday.

Hey Tony, look more carefully at the recurve you got from me (black walnut with the tricked out sheath). Let me know when you see what's special about it. You've seen and handled enough of my knives you ought to be able to spot it.

Another great event! Got to watch paul brach forge and grind out some huge bowie style blades, then watch @Fiddleback shape the handle on one of them. And that Bmurray Bmurray chili though. NOLA NOLA we missed the cobbler for sure. Bought some cool stuff from Pop’s Knife Supply booth and also had the privilege of looking over three @JBKnifeworks kitchen knives that were nearly finished. I have never seen such a clean and precise distal taper on a long thin blade w/ tall grind like that. Seriously considering one now.

Big thank you to @Cohutta, @Fiddleback, and C crex for helping guide me through the knife making process again. I will finish that knife one of these days (years).

Most importantly, the opportunity to hang with some of the best people on the planet is what it’s all about for me.

BTW, did anyone hear who won the scott garrison knife giveaway drawing? :eek: :D What a great day!

View attachment 1097719

View attachment 1097718

Jason rumor has it some guy from out of state rigged it so he could finally win something at Trackrock......don't know who that would be.
Congrats, always good seeing you.

I always enjoy my daytrips to Trackrock! :thumbsup: Maybe in the Fall I'll be able to go up on a Friday?...

2v2E6gUd2xAhvqS.jpg

2v2E6g9s3xAhvqS.jpg

Hey Tony, look more carefully at the recurve you got from me (black walnut with the tricked out sheath). Let me know when you see what's special about it. You've seen and handled enough of my knives you ought to be able to spot it.

That's easy to spot. It's one of the few I've seen that Andy hadn't dropped on the ground and stepped on it.

Great event, Hammer-In, BBQ, Chili, time with friends.

Things I learned at Trackrock 2019.

#0.5 @VANCE, NOLA NOLA and the other Trackrock missing, were missed.
#1 You can fit 6 knives on a table or the entire Pops Knife Supply catalog.
#2 Someone should have used the grinder to sand a wood scale on Saturday morning to clear space for Pops.
#3 When comparing the worst employees in the service industry Ingles and McDonalds are tied for dead last. Who puts sweetener in sweet tea?
#4 Office ice cream is $1 and freshly stocked.
#5 There is never going to be a Trackrock shooting event, yet spent the entire time talking about guns and shooting again.
#6 Something about midget hookers, horizontal fuel fires and a Scottish accent, which I completely forgot.
#7 Tent sleeping in 30F weather sucks just about how you think it would. Hat's off to Mike for the heater for night #2.
#8 Solo Bonfire.

IMG_5626.jpeg

#2 Someone should have used the grinder to sand a wood scale on Saturday morning to clear space for Pops.
#3 When comparing the worst employees in the service industry Ingles and McDonalds are tied for dead last. Who puts sweetener in sweet tea?
#5 There is never going to be a Trackrock shooting event, yet spent the entire time talking about guns and shooting again.
#6 Something about midget hookers, horizontal fuel fires and a Scottish accent, which I completely forgot.
#7 Tent sleeping in 30F weather sucks just about how you think it would. Hat's off to Mike for the heater for night #2.
#8 Solo Bonfire.

View attachment 1098481
LMFAO

Special thanks to three of my buddies for helping me out ndmiller ndmiller for shopping with me getting trackrock chilli supplies and helping me in the prep. Also to PolRoger PolRoger for filling in for @VANCE as my sous chef. Chili came out pretty damn good I think.

Last but not least a good buddy who taught me some leather techniques and who gifted a beautiful sheath to Adam for his Cochuttie knife. Thank you Mr. @RLO for all you do for me

Last edited:

#8 Solo Bonfire.

View attachment 1098481

I vaguely recall something about the midget hookers...

Could it be the double guard - looks like copper and brass? Or the tiny pin on the butt cap? Looked quickly tonight (without my glasses, so I can't see a damn thing). Will have to inspect in the morning when there's light and I have my old man supplies!

This beautiful piece by C crex was gifted to me by a very good friend Mr. Luca917 Luca917 . This caught me a bit off guard and choked up, as no one has done this for me before. Thank you my friend for the gift and the kind words That came with it. This made my weekend and boy have I needed a lift this year.

This beautiful piece by C crex was gifted to me by a very good friend Mr. Luca917 Luca917 . This caught me a bit off guard and choked up, as no one has done this for me before. Thank you my friend for the gift and the kind words That came with it. This made my weekend and boy have I needed a lift this year.

What the hell are friends for if they can't laugh a lot with you, quite a bit at you, and occasionally remind you they like having you around.

#8 Solo Bonfire.

View attachment 1098481

Inspired by ndmiller ndmiller ...

Things I learned at Trackrock 2019

#1 It's not the same without @VANCE or NOLA NOLA . Not only was there no cobbler, but there was extra beer left. Both were strange.
#2 Old Fashioned's are the new official drink of Trackrock. jaz322 jaz322 is the official bartender for such.
#3 Nothing that comes out of Andy's pants should ever go into anyone's mouth. Only bad things happen after that.
#4 Gout is no fun to have...especially at Trackrock.
#5 Pollen. Sucks.
#6 Luca917 Luca917 continues to prove he is exceptionally generous...and an all around great human
#7 Bmurray Bmurray makes an exceptional host for Fiddleback Friday Videos. Thanks for helping me out and showing us all how it's done. It was a Big Deal.
#8 Wifi at Trackrock will cause you to miss deadlines when trying to upload videos. So will @Fiddleback influence and aforementioned Old Fashioned's.
#9 @Cohutta always has fatwood in the back of his truck...and it WILL light charcoal effectively.
#10 It's always good to see @RLO ... and he's far too kind and patient with gout-ridden, busy friends. (more on that soon)

Click pic above to see Bmurray Bmurray 's international debut

Back