TRACKROCK Spring 2018

My phone works if I'm standing next to that tree over to the right of the barn. I've got about a three-foot square that I can make a phone call in.
Doesn't do me much good Tony, my forge is not under that tree. (and it gets crowded in that 2x2 square!)

Can't wait. So need a break. Everyone here does. I think march 2018 has been the most stressful month of my knifemaking career, so Trackrock, here I come! I hope all the young ones we've been teaching show up. I swear, I get as soft as Carl when I talk about the kids we teach! We've watched some of these kids grow up. They're in college now. They are great kids, and make great knives, and I'm proud of them.

Yeah getting to teach the younger generations that their hands and heads are capable of much more than scratching and mush making is a heady thing! It's something to behold when that light comes on and you know they are getting it and are liking it at the same time. Too much in their world is non tactile these days. Always concerned that I'm teaching them "right" in all aspects the trade, the art, and life.
Andy, I really appreciate your help and participation at TR. Thank you and all the others that step up.

Counting the hours. I am ready to escape for a few days and hang with folks I only get to see twice or so each year. Might even bring the fishing rod this time.
I really enjoy working with the kiddos, hopefully one day mine will come up and join in!
Oh yeah, ready for the cobbler too!!!

I too am looking forward to it. I’ve got a monster trip to get there because work sent me to japan, so I’ll be flying Okinawa, Tokyo, Dallas, Kansas City on Wednesday and KC to Atl on Thursday. I’m fearing the jet lag, but hope that I can power through it. Can’t wait to get there.

2v2JAKYgdxurAoi.jpg

Luca917, your inbox is full. But do you have a spot for a tent Friday to Sunday? I’m way behind in planning, but at least I have plane tickets, a Walmart in Blairsville and have asked for Friday off. No worries if not, I can always snuggle with Andy...at least that is what I remember him telling me last spring.

Luca917, your inbox is full. But do you have a spot for a tent Friday to Sunday? I’m way behind in planning, but at least I have plane tickets, a Walmart in Blairsville and have asked for Friday off. No worries if not, I can always snuggle with Andy...at least that is what I remember him telling me last spring.

Buddy I can always make a space for you. It'll be tight. I have three vehicles and two tents in that spot. But if there's not enough room Justin usually reserves both spots next to me and we can find some space in there if he's done that again. One way or another we're going to find a spot for you.

I'm staying a Justin's house a short ride from the campsite this time. I wanted to give others a chance at a cabin for a change. I'm pretty sure Justin won't mind you staying there. There is plenty of room. Saves you needing camping gear.

There's plenty of camping space. I only have my little trailer and truck on my spot and can easily fit a tent and another car.

Just make sure you stay away from my cabin Tony......I like to sleep at night.

Back