• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

TRADED Used Thin cut Swamp Rat Ratweiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerector

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have a well used, good condition ratweiler in the thinner stock (3/16" I think). The knife has been stripped and has a nice patina on it from a few years of use as a woods knife, often clearing up around trees I was taking down or limbing in tight quarters since most of my wood is from dead stuff in a swamp the ash borers leave behind. No chips or nicks, and never had any. It's been well taken care of.

Unbranded kydex sheath included, offers good retention and I used a clip (not included) to upside down carry this on should straps.

Below pics to show how it has been used. These are in order of most recent to oldest, the most recent from last week and then the oldest was from making trails last summer with the ratweiler and a machete.

On the bottom
12v3Mh0l.jpg

Typical use, chopping up some dead wood (testing out the NFSH when it came in)
RLcoY0Pl.jpg

l2rd7Hwl.jpg

More typical use, collecting some dead branches for fire wood (knife just above center)
yqlhLygl.jpg

And then trail clearing
CEZtJHIl.jpg

I'm not looking at anything in particular but a mid-size bussekin (5-10"), LT Wright, nice boy's axe, forest axe, or heavier tomahawk w/ wood handle, or something like that is the most interesting. Some pack system that includes an axe sling/loop/pouch would also be intriguing. I'm also into cycling and picked up a fatbike for bike packing, so some gear towards that would be interesting as well.

I don't really need any folders or traditionals but I'll hear what you have. SAK farmer or model 7 are the only purchases I plan to make in the future so I would accept one of those as a partial trade.

Last edited:
I'll see what I can dig up, I have a new/unused Snow/Neally Penobscot Axe (if interested) and a handful of mid sized blades. I'll shoot you a PM later.

Cleaned up the blade a bit and took pictures of the kydex

Pt4WqRSl.jpg

qtFvJzNl.jpg

9JF9rLSl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back