Trading Room (Stocks, etc.)

Just wondered if we have any investors here and thought it would be fun to start a thread where we could talk about about what we're playing at the moment.

I play a lot of metals, miners, etf's, etc. so PM me if you are interested in talking. I have been in NAK for a couple of weeks now and it has been a good trade.

Oh yeah I’m interested in metals too but I haven’t gotten into them much, learning about leveraged etfs lately and looking into copper miners though seems like demand for copper might go up with all of this covid stuff, that nak chart looks good, I like blu a lot right now recently beat down huge on news

Any of you guys riding this bitcoin rally, I was playing it 8.5-9.5 for a while but all my money's currently tied up in decent swings, I kind of hope it doesn't break that 10.5 and keeps it's predictability
Yessir, been playing the alt coin ratios and accumulating BTC in anticipation of this pop up. Breaking 10,150 was big.

I have not been into crypto's for quite a while. I tend to stay with metals and related etf's (AGQ has also been good to me lately) then I give my $ back in the oil market. I was an oil & gas trader for about 6 years after graduating college but things are totally different now.

I have not been into crypto's for quite a while. I tend to stay with metals and related etf's (AGQ has also been good to me lately) then I give my $ back in the oil market. I was an oil & gas trader for about 6 years after graduating college but things are totally different now.

Was AGQ up over 24% today? This metal novice will take any picks to consider if you have more to share.

Was AGQ up over 24% today? This metal novice will take any picks to consider if you have more to share.
Yeah, it was up something like that (think it was closer to 14 than 24%)...it leverages 2x silver gain. I got in last week at $30.50 and sold 1/2 at $44.03 Friday and the rest at $50.20 today.

Trust me, those are FEW and far between but a couple of $ per share is usually doable a couple of times per week. I have no idea where to go now but am leaning toward ZSL (2x short silver) to play the overreaction to the upside and associated price consolidation at these higher levels but the Fed is meeting at the end of the week so who knows. Market usually goes down prior to the Fed, and that morning, just to jump right back up when they make their announcement but it is really strong right now so I am actually a little scared to short it.

BTG (smaller gold miner) and SIL (silver miner etf) are also in my crosshairs but Fed week and month end (option expiry and last trading day to even up your account) both tend to wreak havoc in the metals so I may just hold my own and jump back in Friday.

Yeah I'm tempted too. I started with commodities trading but have been actively trading only crypto since 2015. Might be time to jump back in after a cooling off.

Yeah, it was up something like that (think it was closer to 14 than 24%)...it leverages 2x silver gain. I got in last week at $30.50 and sold 1/2 at $44.03 Friday and the rest at $50.20 today.

Trust me, those are FEW and far between but a couple of $ per share is usually doable a couple of times per week. I have no idea where to go now but am leaning toward ZSL (2x short silver) to play the overreaction to the upside and associated price consolidation at these higher levels but the Fed is meeting at the end of the week so who knows. Market usually goes down prior to the Fed, and that morning, just to jump right back up when they make their announcement but it is really strong right now so I am actually a little scared to short it.

BTG (smaller gold miner) and SIL (silver miner etf) are also in my crosshairs but Fed week and month end (option expiry and last trading day to even up your account) both tend to wreak havoc in the metals so I may just hold my own and jump back in Friday.

Great tips! Thank you - ZSL makes sense to me. I think the fed meeting is tomorrow. I always sigh when that day comes knowing a bit of a drop usually happens. I added the others you listed to my watchlist.

I read something recently about the inflation adjusted all time high of gold was around $2900 in 1980. I forget the source, and didn't check up on the accuracy, but the point of the article was that Gold has room to grow due to uncertainty in the market combined with dollar devaluation... even though Gold is near highs, when you adjust for inflation there is some space for upward movement. Gold is always something I've considered to diversify, but have held off due to my lack of knowledge and the feeling there's usually something that will perform better for me.

With the fed meeting tomorrow, tech earnings thursday, and maybe some news about stimulus, this will be an interesting week. I'm starting to wonder what impact stimulus news will have - is any gain from final details about stimulus already built in? I hope not.

Great tips! Thank you - ZSL makes sense to me. I think the fed meeting is tomorrow. I always sigh when that day comes knowing a bit of a drop usually happens. I added the others you listed to my watchlist.

I read something recently about the inflation adjusted all time high of gold was around $2900 in 1980. I forget the source, and didn't check up on the accuracy, but the point of the article was that Gold has room to grow due to uncertainty in the market combined with dollar devaluation... even though Gold is near highs, when you adjust for inflation there is some space for upward movement. Gold is always something I've considered to diversify, but have held off due to my lack of knowledge and the feeling there's usually something that will perform better for me.

With the fed meeting tomorrow, tech earnings thursday, and maybe some news about stimulus, this will be an interesting week. I'm starting to wonder what impact stimulus news will have - is any gain from final details about stimulus already built in? I hope not.

Totally agree, inflation adjusted high is much higher than $2k and I think this is just a pause in the rally versus a reversal.

I don't expect much from the Fed statement tomorrow and the metals closed pretty strong today considering it was OpEx so I may buy back in long before the end of the week due to buyer resilience and don't forget the simmering China issues with the consulates. etc. and the tendency to release bad news on Friday afternoons after the markets close.

Back