Traditional and Modern pairings

Chris Reeve - bocote Mnandi / Pal - Dbl. End Jack in Rogers bone

gph5PDa.jpg

Last edited:
I've been searching around for a good single-blade slipjoint that has a pocket clip ( *gasp* :eek: ). There are times when I don't want a knife rattling around in my pocket and a pocket clip would come in handy for those situations. There are some of these knives out there, but they usually come with thumb studs, or some type of locking mechanism, or just look way too modern. I finally found this Boker with Sandvik steel, canvas micarta handles, and a pocket clip. I think it's a good compromise between traditional and modern knife designs. Shown here with my GEC #14 for size comparison...

I carry a CRKT M16-01KS in my right pocket, as well as an Old Timer 11OT Canoe in my coin pocket. The small blade on the Canoe does all of my daily tasks, the large blade stays sharp if I need it, and the CRKT is intended as a self defense tool but hopefully it'll just be "man jewelry" for the rest of it's days

How do you like the new Kershaw auto? The Schrade (?) looks sweet!
It's the best one they've made yet, IMHO. Very smooth, fast opening and never feels like it's gonna get away from you. No trace of lock bounce. Still wish they would add a safety, but otherwise it's an impressive knife.
That old Schrade takes the cake for me. ;)

Todays carry was my lefty CRK Insingo micarta in my left front pocket, and a yellow Case CV Mini Copperlock in my watch pocket, and my Spyderco Nijishin Cricket serves as my money clip daily.
And yes, I know I need to take pictures of this stuff...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks John. I thought it interesting; nylon/stainless for the traditional and ebony/damascus for the modern.:confused: Both are well made but kind of blurring the lines.:) If the thumb stud was removed would the Mcusta still be a modern???

Back