Traditional and Modern pairings

I've been searching around for a good single-blade slipjoint that has a pocket clip ( *gasp* :eek: ). There are times when I don't want a knife rattling around in my pocket and a pocket clip would come in handy for those situations. There are some of these knives out there, but they usually come with thumb studs, or some type of locking mechanism, or just look way too modern. I finally found this Boker with Sandvik steel, canvas micarta handles, and a pocket clip. I think it's a good compromise between traditional and modern knife designs. Shown here with my GEC #14 for size comparison...

I've been searching around for a good single-blade slipjoint that has a pocket clip
I wasn't searching, but I ran across one. And aside from the different covers, it's the same as yours. I was more after the 12C27 blade steel hardened to a 59HRC, than I was the clip. I had planned to remove it. But I tried it first and had an AHAH! moment. So here I am, carrying a knife that isn't really modern, but isn't traditional either.

I do like the Case Mini-Copperhead for my watch pocket, though. I like having access to a small thin blade.

qFEXjEQ.jpg

I wasn't searching, but I ran across one. And aside from the different covers, it's the same as yours. I was more after the 12C27 blade steel hardened to a 59HRC, than I was the clip. I had planned to remove it. But I tried it first and had an AHAH! moment. So here I am, carrying a knife that isn't really modern, but isn't traditional either.

I do like the Case Mini-Copperhead for my watch pocket, though. I like having access to a small thin blade.

qFEXjEQ.jpg
Very nice, I like the orange too. I don't carry it very often, but it's very comfortable when I do carry it. A pocket clip is one modern feature that I do still like. If you switch the pocket clip to the other side, be aware that the second screw on the pivot end is too long without the clip. It was rubbing against the tang of the blade so I just ground a little length off of it. Works perfectly now. I also ground off the glass breaker tip.

Last edited:
Yard work combo today. But more importantly, thank all of you that serve or have served, you are true heroes. My thoughts this weekend are with the family and friends of those brave men and women that made the ultimate sacrifice, paid the ultimate price whilst protecting our freedoms. God bless you all.
upload_2019-5-25_14-59-51.jpeg

This is my usual daily pairing. I do carry other knives, but this is the pair I go with most often. It is just hard to beat them together. Lone Wolf T2 Ranger and 2015 Canal Street Forum knife. A few years back they were a lot closer to the same color, but the cocobolo has really deepened with carry.
View media item 6392@waverave just in case you were interested, this is the pair I was talking about in your thread :)

Back