Traditional and Modern pairings

YhtqgIr.jpg

Case "Rhode Island" Jack
Benchmade Mini Bugout with Flytanium G10 scales
I hope I don’t get dinged by a mod for saying this here, but the mini bugout is a great little knife, and those g10 scales look much better than the factory ones :thumbsup:

What's your thoughts on the Spyderco Swayback? I almost snagged one recently.

- excellent. Sebenza quality imho. The blade is awesome - smooth to the touch, yet a wicked talon sabre.
The only negative for me, the clip should be c/sunk with one classy discrete c/sunk screwhead.........not the same ol’ planted-on 3-proud-screw set up they’ve been using for years. Have the Spydie Slysz Bowie too, an ideal and well deserved stablemate. Worth the USD for sure, much more expensive over here........no regrets though

How do you like the bugout?
It's a perfect modern for me.
Invisible carry, ultra light, and capable if i need it.
Mostly, I'll just pull out my traditional to cut everything.
So it's nice to have a modern that's absolutely invisible in the pocket.
I think of my moderns the way our past generations would carry a fixed blade.
Cutting was done with the little traditional, but sometimes you need something bigger and more secure.

Last edited:
It's a perfect modern for me.
Invisible carry, ultra light, and capable if i need it.
Mostly, I'll just pull out my traditional to cut everything.
So it's nice to have a modern that's absolutely invisible in the pocket.
I think of my moderns the way our past generations would carry a fixed blade.
Cutting was done with the little traditional, but sometimes you need something bigger and more secure.
I really like the bugout line. I should check em out! Thanks for the info.

- excellent. Sebenza quality imho. The blade is awesome - smooth to the touch, yet a wicked talon sabre.
The only negative for me, the clip should be c/sunk with one classy discrete c/sunk screwhead.........not the same ol’ planted-on 3-proud-screw set up they’ve been using for years. Have the Spydie Slysz Bowie too, an ideal and well deserved stablemate. Worth the USD for sure, much more expensive over here........no regrets though
I really should check one of these out...:confused:

Back