Traditional and Modern pairings

I had the exact thing happen with my Bugout. Not the washing machine part, but the gritty opening part. I had washed the knife with soap and hot water, and put a few drops of oil in the pivot. I was a little messy with the dropper and got some oil on the lock bar. After that, it was gritty when opening. I looked for any debris in the works and saw a shiny line on the lock bar. I washed the oil off, used wd-40 to blow off moisture. After drying out, it's smooth again.
The other day, I read a comment in the Maintenance Forum saying that the locking bar on the Bugouts is made of titanium, and will feel gritty if oiled. This makes zero sense to me, but I can't argue with the results, so I'm passing on the info.
I had these two with me on Xmas day, for opening presents.
XRutWyj.jpg

That's good info to know Rachel @r8shell.:thumbsup: Your two blue knives remind me of Sarah @pertinux. Blue knives were a big plus with her.

I had the exact thing happen with my Bugout. Not the washing machine part, but the gritty opening part. I had washed the knife with soap and hot water, and put a few drops of oil in the pivot. I was a little messy with the dropper and got some oil on the lock bar. After that, it was gritty when opening. I looked for any debris in the works and saw a shiny line on the lock bar. I washed the oil off, used wd-40 to blow off moisture. After drying out, it's smooth again.
The other day, I read a comment in the Maintenance Forum saying that the locking bar on the Bugouts is made of titanium, and will feel gritty if oiled. This makes zero sense to me, but I can't argue with the results, so I'm passing on the info.
I had these two with me on Xmas day, for opening presents.
XRutWyj.jpg

Thanks for the info! That does seem counterintuitive :D, but I’ll give it a try. :thumbsup:

Back