Traditional Bowie

Working piece of art, functional and classy at the same time. How long is the handle?

Working piece of art, functional and classy at the same time. How long is the handle?

Thank you! The handle is 4 1/2” With the full thickness tang, neutral balance is at the guard.

My favorite style of Bowie.

You did it justice.

I bet this is far more popular then you thought

My favorite style of Bowie.

You did it justice.

I bet this is far more popular then you thought

Thank you! Yes, with 20 comments so far, I believe you are correct......I was surprised by the number of responses. :)

Nice, TK. It seems brass has been discouraged for some time. How do your customers respond to it? I like it.

The beauty is in the simplicity and clean lines of this knife, coupled with the quality of build.

So many Bowie’s are overdone these days. This one is just right.

Nice, TK. It seems brass has been discouraged for some time. How do your customers respond to it? I like it.

Thanks! When I first started building knives nine years ago, I was using brass and Loveless rivets. About two years into it I learned that the lines around Loveless threaded rivets are considered imperfections and collectors don't like brass. So, the brass in this bowie has been laying around my shop for seven years - I only had two inches of 1/8" brass rod for the guard pins and four brass Corby rivets.

When brass was requested by this client, I did not discourage it because using it was consistent with this period build.

I love the simplicity of those late 1800s style cowboy bowies. This one captures that romance for me.

There's just something about simple done extremely well. And this has it. No distractions just clean simple good work.

This is a 'Classic' because it's BETTER looking than the classics of this nature. You added proportions and touches which make it *just right*.

Resto modded! :)

Back