Traditional box GAW #2

Gold Member
I told you it’d be a fast turn around. Same rules apply that started this GAW, say you’re in, don’t keep it, take what you want, put something in and give it away.

Here’s what arrived.
2-A73-B6-CC-5-B44-4496-B0-FC-D8-E8448-C2-F44.jpg

Here is what I decided to snag. It’s hard to resist an Old Timer Stockman. I will say I’ve never been drawn to a sowbelly but that Rough Rider felt superb in the hand and one solid knife! I’m afraid if I took it I may start trying to get more of that pattern. But who knows, the Box ain’t gone yet...

FBB46449-7300-4-C8-E-B0-A9-98-E0227-A6952.jpg

Now here’s just a teaser. This is one that I’m putting in. I have a few more and everyday, maybe two, I’ll post a photo of another one I’m tossing in. I might hold a few photos back and surprise the next winner so it behooves you to jump in because you just never know what might get tossed in. Another member is also sending me something to toss in. I’m not sure if I’ll clue everyone in on that or let it be a surprise. Maybe I’ll divulge the mystery knives after the next winner is chosen. Guess you’ll have to enter to find out....

F34-EBEC8-0-F5-E-42-FD-AE44-D4-B79767-EF3-A.jpg

And incase you’re wondering, this isn’t the one @Will Power gifted meo_O

The serrated sheep's foot should add some real extra utility, and I'll bet that frontier you added in it's place doesn't stick around more than another round or two.

Way to go on the fast turn around :thumbsup:

The serrated sheep's foot should add some real extra utility, and I'll bet that frontier you added in it's place doesn't stick around more than another round or two.

Way to go on the fast turn around :thumbsup:

I’m trying real hard not to fondle the sowbelly too much(that doesn’t sound good but no other way to put it). The little blade made out of a file is pretty interesting. Where did you pick that up?

I’m trying real hard not to fondle the sowbelly too much(that doesn’t sound good but no other way to put it). The little blade made out of a file is pretty interesting. Where did you pick that up?

I made it a few years ago out of a 6" Nicholson mill bastard I found in my yard , but I never did anything with it for some reason.

Reactions: 315
315 315 , thanks for turning this around quickly! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Congrats on the OT you selected! :cool::thumbsup:
Sounds like you've got interesting plans for the contents of the box when it leaves your possession! ;):thumbsup:
(I can speak with the voice of experience, if you go for that sowbelly, you're very likely to track down several others! :rolleyes:)

Question/Clarification on "rules": The "original" version of this GAW kept all non-winning entrants from previous rounds as automatic entrants of the next round. In this "revival" of the spirit of that GAW, should folks interested in participating plan to post a new entry for every round, or will entrants' interest "carry over" to subsequent rounds?

- GT

In this "revival" of the spirit of that GAW, should folks interested in participating plan to post a new entry for every round, or will entrants' interest "carry over" to subsequent rounds?

It would be easy for me to only have to look at the last thread for the non-winners, but as it continues to go on and on it gets pretty difficult to go back and find everyone that jumped in. How about just posting a new entry for each GAW.

It would be easy for me to only have to look at the last thread for the non-winners, but as it continues to go on and on it gets pretty difficult to go back and find everyone that jumped in. How about just posting a new entry for each GAW.
I'm glad to see a new box making the rounds. Thanks for starting it up again, Hickory n steel Hickory n steel . I'll suggest again that folks try to keep the contents to what fits in a small flat rate box. Last time, everyone was so generous they kept adding more than they took, and it got pretty big. But whatever happens, happens, I suppose.
I'm in. :)

Today’s addition, a blast from the past...sort of. Here is a Case that came from the original box of knives GAW. I’ll toss this one back in to keep the spirit of the original alive:)

737-CC0-C9-E6-A5-4650-BDE5-681-D53-D2252-F.jpg
That's way way cool. :cool: :thumbsup:

Reactions: 315
Back