Traditional Carry Systems / Methods

Some interesting styles/methodz!

Sounds like jeans are the preferred pants so far. They do have the watch pocket which is a plus for us knife nutz! I'll have to investigate the Wrangler Riggs @Railsplitter ,

And RayseM RayseM , I hear you on symmetry! I was thinking of coloured thread too on the split back pocket thing (which I'm loving by the way). Give it a shot! :thumbsup:

Edit... And the split back pocket is comfortable. No worries about sitting on or bending the knife.

My EDC knives are mostly customs which I'm not afraid to use as intended. I do try and keep them nice.

Here's a Mission Wallet that has divided slips for one or two peanut sized knives (shown with a space pen in one slip). Front pocket carry and pretty handy, if you can pare down the number of cards you carry with you.

xlnLS3r.jpg

From a thread yesterday. belt pouch, slip with lanyard and pocket slip.
Qk3xeUO.jpg

Various pouches. There's more but that's the general idea.
dAiaR4X.jpg

I'm pretty conventional. Main traditional in RFP with handkerchief to keep it from moving too much, alox Cadet in LFP with keys. If I'm wearing cargo pants/shorts or jeans with a deep watch pocket, I may carry a modern flipper clipped there, but not very often.

Today's carry
wCfrmsO.jpg

Last edited:
For knives with a ring or lanyard I often use the Victorinox belt clip. I use it even without a belt and it seems to grip my pants strong enough not to come loose. The knife sits/hangs just inside your front pocket without falling to the bottom.
rzDBih7.jpg

rOm9IC9.jpg

I carry my lion steel shuffler in a case side draw also carry a GEC toothpick in a case side draw and I carry a case back pocket in my right back pocket.

For knives with a ring or lanyard I often use the Victorinox belt clip. I use it even without a belt and it seems to grip my pants strong enough not to come loose. The knife sits/hangs just inside your front pocket without falling to the bottom.
rzDBih7.jpg

rOm9IC9.jpg

I like that, I may have to maybe make something similar to try out.

How about something like this? Thanks! :D:thumbsup:
i8Xc4U4.jpg

I've used it occasionally as a "suspension hook" to hang a knife with bail inside my pocket with the hook on the edge of the pocket. (Need to use some kind of connector between the bail and the "loop" of the hook - I usually use a small carabiner.)
You could also hook it on a belt or top edge of your pants, but then I'd probably want a lanyard connecting hook to knife hanging in a pocket.

- GT

i8Xc4U4.jpg

I've used it occasionally as a "suspension hook" to hang a knife with bail inside my pocket with the hook on the edge of the pocket. (Need to use some kind of connector between the bail and the "loop" of the hook - I usually use a small carabiner.)
You could also hook it on a belt or top edge of your pants, but then I'd probably want a lanyard connecting hook to knife hanging in a pocket.

- GT

I completely for got about that, I'm glad you like it.

And that zipper pull I believe is the end of a broken silver spoon or something.

i8Xc4U4.jpg

- GT

This key strap is kinda similar.
Until recently, it's been my carry method for years, and why I like lanyard holes.

Key Strap by D P, on Flickr

Don, Pinemoon Pinemoon - I'm liking your 1st method more and more. It is a reach and grab without the need to unclip.
The long lanyard works too - within the reach of the lanyard. 98% of the time that's more than plenty, but then there's that other 2% :rolleyes:

Ray

Don, Pinemoon Pinemoon - I'm liking your 1st method more and more. It is a reach and grab without the need to unclip.
The long lanyard works too - within the reach of the lanyard. 98% of the time that's more than plenty, but then there's that other 2% :rolleyes:

Ray
Yeah, try the split pocket thing. It's the best thing that's happened to my pants in a while
:D

Single knife, naked in the right front pocket with my keys, since forever (there was however a period when I also carried my Case lockback in a sheath on my belt). Muscle memory dictates that I continue that way:
1. Fish knife out of pocket with right hand
2. Open knife (using both hands of course!)
3. Grasp object to be cut with left hand
4. Cut
5. While still holding object in left hand, fold knife closed one-handed by pressing the spine against the right thigh; drop knife back in pocket. The past few years I have started carrying some models which can’t be folded that way, but the impulse to do so remains.
6. Go on about my business.

Back