Traditional folders and watches/timepieces

Nice Seamaster, oldmanrunning oldmanrunning

I wear a 120 from an older vintage. Really needs a cleaning, just hate sending it in.

CYrb0pa.jpg

Off to Santa Fe at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Wearing my traveling watch and packing my Laguiole.
Citizen eco-drive that swaps the analog and digital time displays of two locations at the push of a button. Of course it's rather redundant when there's a smart phone in my pocket and a fit bit on my other wrist. I'm an old die hard watch guy and this helps me keep track of what time it is where I am and at home. I used to sail some, so I like the Stars & Stripes theme and functions.
First trip with the Laguiole. Hope it arrives safe and sound in my checked bag. Hopefully it'll have a few stories about Santa Fe.
Lwy7QUv.jpg

I know what you mean Ickythump, this one needs attention and seeing as a basic service costs about what i paid for it in the first place, i think it will just sit in my desk drawer and let my G-SHOCK GW-M5610 keep perfect time without needing any attention, i like the accuracy of a digital watch but have to have my specs on to read them whereas i can read an analogue dial without.

I know what you mean Ickythump, this one needs attention and seeing as a basic service costs about what i paid for it in the first place, i think it will just sit in my desk drawer and let my G-SHOCK GW-M5610 keep perfect time without needing any attention, i like the accuracy of a digital watch but have to have my specs on to read them whereas i can read an analogue dial without.
I was lusting over your watch and thinking “some day....”., hate to think about it sitting in a drawer though.

View attachment 963510

View attachment 963511

Great idea Gary. Knives, watches, rings, and wallets are with us almost all the time and are extensions of our personalities.

It is interesting to see the large number of Omega watches shown here. Looks like Forum members are more into Omega watches than the general population.

I wear my Omega Seamaster almost all of the time; like Chief Chief with his Rolex. To me, it is just about perfect. But when I am hiking, or working, or horseback riding, whenever there will be lots of dirt and moisture, I will go with the Casio. I believe it is the same as yours Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley . It looks great, takes a beating, and, for less than 50 bucks, it is quite a deal.

Last edited:
I've been wearing $10 Casio watches for the past 40 years. The one posted here is only about 3 years old, so my first two must have lasted me about 37 years. A Vic Recruit and an inexpensive Casio are a superb pairing!
recruit.casio.jpg

- GT

Traded the sub :( but still have the Bose 440V Remington bone swayback :) so my priorities must be ok.

boseswaybackgent.jpg

trading a no date sub is always a painful move, my 14060m went with a speedy reduced and cash to become a 16710

These two are with me most everyday right now.
I like the artistry that went into making the Fontenille Pataud Laguiole and the complications on the Citizen Eco-Drive.
jMspFUT.jpg

My cup of tea watch that one! :cool: The Lag's no eyesore either :D

I'm annoyed that my venerable Seiko Kinetic watch has died on me, the capacitor has gone, its second in 17 years. My eyesight is too weak now to attempt the task of fixing it myself and it certainly costs at the jeweller (who I know just sends it away) time to think out a solution;)

For the last decade or so I've had this thing about titanium watches. I just really enjoy how light they are on my wrist and I like the look of titanium overall. So much so that my wedding ring is titanium also. The Tissot was my first and was quite abused, it no longer works and if I remember correctly the jeweler said it wasn't worth putting the money into to fix (I really liked that watch). The Seiko has been ticking along just fine for several years. This thread has got me thinking about my next watch purchase. A lot of beautiful watches displayed here. I've got some oldies that I will have to dig it out and share in the near future. IMG_4660.PNG

This certainly isn't as nice as the watches you guys are posting but it means a lot to me. It is one of the last awards I won before I quit team roping. I keep it tucked away in the safe for sentimental reasons, not its value. I'm happy to be able to pull it out and share it with you all.

Back