Traditional French Fry day

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
and this is not about French Fries...;) but show off your French knives on Friday. Over the years I've owned a lot of knives, but the ones made by the family Chambriard stand out for me and I do wish I had kept them, sad to say I only have one right now but it is a nice one.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

With hand filed back spring, juniper wood scales and stainless bolsters, the blade is 13c26 they call it the Razor steel and it certainly takes a fine edge.

So lets see your French knives on Friday ;)
G2

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread:thumbsup: Be plenty to look forward to in the coming weeks, but for now I'll confine myself to the mighty Opinel. I particularly like the smaller sizes but here's a standard in Bubinga wood. Notice stamped blade too:cool: Sandvik is an excellent everyday supersteel:D Avance vendredi!

ZufZu0z.jpg

I'm not sure this kind of knife is trad French, nor the maker as, If I ain't wrong, he's living in Florida (phone code 407) and most knives are produced by Lionsteel in Italy...
For discussion’s sake, not to be argumentative... The Maker, Bastien, is a long time French resident who only recently, moved to Florida, made this for me. It is not one of his factory partnered runs. It is also a Friction Folder and is traditional if not French patterned.

Last edited:
For discussion’s sake, not to be argumentative... The Maker, Bastien, is a long time French resident who only recently, moved to Florida, made this for me. It is not one of his factory partnered runs. It is also a Friction Folder and is traditional if not French patterned.
Let's give back to Caesar... this is traditionnal French thread. ;)

and this is not about French Fries...;) but show off your French knives on Friday. Over the years I've owned a lot of knives, but the ones made by the family Chambriard stand out for me and I do wish I had kept them, sad to say I only have one right now but it is a nice one.

With hand filed back spring, juniper wood scales and stainless bolsters, the blade is 13c26 they call it the Razor steel and it certainly takes a fine edge.

So lets see your French knives on Friday ;)
G2
Perhaps you remember this one Gary!!??:) Thanks for the knife and sheath so many years ago!!!:D
G2Gift 1.jpg G2Gift 2.jpg

Back