Traditional French Fry day

A better picture of my new Camarguais knife:

xPJCOam.jpg

At first blush, these Laguiole knives appear to be flowing, delicate, knives; however, they are actually very substantial knives. I haven't put this Honoré Durand to work yet but I have no doubt that it will be a capable work knife.

FY3ibGK.jpg

mvLb4wY.jpg
The Laguiole is indeed substantial, and I love the stainless steel Honoré Durand uses. I think mine is the same as yours except for the wood--I went with olive wood.
CejQSTi.jpg

At first blush, these Laguiole knives appear to be flowing, delicate, knives; however, they are actually very substantial knives. I haven't put this Honoré Durand to work yet but I have no doubt that it will be a capable work knife.

FY3ibGK.jpg

mvLb4wY.jpg
I think my most solidly build traditional knife is my 20 year old En Aubrac. I’ve also worked my Opinel’s harder than any knife bordering on abuse and they’ve held up. It’s hard to get that first ding in a Laguiole but I find once you do it’s liberating hahaha.
2dbsDi8.jpg

lZHjbuN.jpg

bywtyzJ.jpg

MQiFTaN.jpg

6eyAyRS.jpg

For legal reasons?
Yes. Last I knew, we had a law against carrying "an iron bar or other dangerous weapon such as a knife with a blade more than three inches long with the unlawful intent of using it against another".

Yes. Last I knew, we had a law against carrying "an iron bar or other dangerous weapon such as a knife with a blade more than three inches long with the unlawful intent of using it against another".
Can the blade be longer than three inches if there is no "unlawful intent of using it against another"?

Back