Traditional French Fry day

I really like this one Steve, draggat draggat :thumbsup: Please tell more.

Thanks! I do too! It's one of my favorite knives actually.

It is the small Le Thiers made by the same manufacturer of the famous Douk Douk, hence the similar blade shape. This particular one has giraffe bone covers. It's a slipjoint with a half stop, about a 6 pull strength, very crisp action and superb fit and finish all around. Could be a French version of a GEC... LOL!

Here's a shot of the pile side

They didn't waste any space in that blade well either

QUOTE="Âchillepattada; As usual .. my friday is saturday :confused:

50444774656_5b356c50c0_c.jpg

I meant to comment on this great knife, back in October!!:p
It is joyous to see a Joyeaux in use, with patina!! We see so many French safe queens!!:eek::D
The "key" to knife happiness, is using one!!;)JMs key to happiness.jpg

Wow, these are a bunch of damn pretty knives!!

Here is my slipjoint from Breizh Kontell, a tiny knife maker in St Malo (Britany). It's far from being perfect on a number of points (and I hate that alenox steel, it's such a pain to sharpen!), but it has nice memories attached to it, so I still like it.
UzpfUWp.jpg

I hope this is okay with the OP but I'd like to post a non-French traditional along with a French traditional. The two knives are a French Laguiole Honoré Duran and our 2020 BF knife an Italian manufactured Swayback by Viper. The two just seem to meld together. The coloring of the pistachio wood covers of the Laguiole and the rams horn of the Swayback Viper are well matched as well as the lines of both frames. Anyway, I think they look good together and are a good fit with each other.

Sa49Tm1.jpg

I hope this is okay with the OP but I'd like to post a non-French traditional along with a French traditional. The two knives are a French Laguiole Honoré Duran and our 2020 BF knife an Italian manufactured Swayback by Viper. The two just seem to meld together. The coloring of the pistachio wood covers of the Laguiole and the rams horn of the Swayback Viper are well matched as well as the lines of both frames. Anyway, I think they look good together and are a good fit with each other.

Sa49Tm1.jpg
I love the grain of that pistachio handle Ed! I don't have any knives with that wood yet but seeing yours makes it very tempting to get one!

a little newcomer at the end of the morning.
A mixed laguiole

517.jpg

Blade by Davide Steri, chiselled fly, smooth spring, full handle in burr ash, assembly by Pierre-Yves Joyeux
lsj_210.jpg

lsj_510.jpg

Absolutely stunning!!

Back