Traditional French Fry day

According to C. Lemasson, the Aurillac knife was built and sold in Aurillac since the XVIIIth century under two shapes, the rounded, as today, without bolsters (but with rosettes), a peasant's knife and the flat with three bolsters, aimed at the wealthy bourgeois. Various Thiers makers started making the patterns around 1890, then concentrated on the round shape after WWI, eventually adding the bolster.
Aurillac re-fitted by Joyeaux!!Aurillac Joyeux1.jpg
Older photo.

waynorth waynorth - Your knife appears to be a recreation of the original rounded style with homage paid to the rosettes of the earlier knives. (the small brass washers are much smaller than rosettes of the past). It's a beautifully executed work.

Jolipapa said:
Thank you! All I did is open a book. ;):) BTW Aurillac is the second coldest place in France. :(

Yes, but you can read that book - I can't. Funny, it's exactly the same temperature in Aurillac right now as it is here in Elgin, Illinois.

today467.jpg

today469.jpg

Traditional French, you say? This one showed up yesterday... my new Jerome Latreille laguiole. Ebony wood, it looks like a fairly normal lag.... 'til you turn it over and discover that Âchillepattada Âchillepattada is correct..... this young man is an artist. I included a comparison pic beside a GEC 12, to give an indication of the size of this one...

tsa5Fqd.jpg
LbDNYX8.jpg

x416xkZ.jpg
yahy8vm.jpg

Traditional French, you say? This one showed up yesterday... my new Jerome Latreille laguiole. Ebony wood, it looks like a fairly normal lag.... 'til you turn it over and discover that Âchillepattada Âchillepattada is correct..... this young man is an artist. I included a comparison pic beside a GEC 12, to give an indication of the size of this one...

tsa5Fqd.jpg
LbDNYX8.jpg

x416xkZ.jpg
yahy8vm.jpg
Magnificence !!!!!

x416xkZ.jpg

A great Knife Drew , use it , you will see how it can be efficient in a plate :D

Â

tsa5Fqd.jpg
LbDNYX8.jpg

x416xkZ.jpg
yahy8vm.jpg
Exquisite. Superb. :cool::thumbsup:

tsa5Fqd.jpg
LbDNYX8.jpg

x416xkZ.jpg
yahy8vm.jpg

Magnificent!

Can someone PM a good place to find some French knives to buy? appreciated.

Back