Traditional French Fry day

In fact most traditionnal French knives have pins in line. I wonder if this is linked to the fact that scales are often screwed from the inner?

hNaGgwv.jpg

Nice knife!! I like the postage stamps also!!
I've never seen that model Citroen before!! 😲 ;)
This is a Méhari (camel in arab), the body was one molded piece of ABS, very supple and light. The engine was the 2cv flat twin.
My brother had one in Narbonne (on the Mediterranean coast) in green which was the most common color (as figured on the stamp).
For a while there was a loony who used to make them burn in the streets. One burned right under my windows (i was living at 1st floor) in less than 10 minutes. Firemen who were just 2 streets away came too late! 😧

This is a Méhari (camel in arab), the body was one molded piece of ABS, very supple and light. The engine was the 2cv flat twin.
My brother had one in Narbonne (on the Mediterranean coast) in green which was the most common color (as figured on the stamp).
For a while there was a loony who used to make them burn in the streets. One burned right under my windows (i was living at 1st floor) in less than 10 minutes. Firemen who were just 2 streets away came too late! 😧
I guess ABS is not 🔥Looney-proof!! 😲

hi all - is there a US/North American distributor of Nontrons? i'm interested in a few models, but it's wild to me how pricey they are on the French Nontron site. was hoping at least to cut down on shipping if I can find any on this continent. where did folks in the US get yours?

apologies if this is a question frequently asked or is explicitly addressed elsewhere, i've looked through the past year or so of posts and didn't see any direct answers; & this seems to be the best place to ask. thanks!

hi all - is there a US/North American distributor of Nontrons? i'm interested in a few models, but it's wild to me how pricey they are on the French Nontron site. was hoping at least to cut down on shipping if I can find any on this continent. where did folks in the US get yours?

apologies if this is a question frequently asked or is explicitly addressed elsewhere, i've looked through the past year or so of posts and didn't see any direct answers; & this seems to be the best place to ask. thanks!
I like the knives, but the prices seem high!! I have shied away for years!!
Here is an Ebony one with an Ebony Opinel!!
Ebony pair 1.jpg

Remember you get a 20% discount for export outside UE (prices always include VAT).

Charlie, I’ve seen that Opinel (left side second from bottom) before, how is the graphic applied to the handle and how would it wear if used?

Printed or silk-screened somehow. It doesn't feel fragile. It seems to be "into" the wood so it should last a while if someone used it! For me it's a safe Queen!!

I was going to ask if they ever caught the arsonist.
Wikiki says "In 1973–1974, 63 Citroën Méharis were burned by an arsonist in Paris for unknown reasons." That one in my street was in '74. First saw a big black smoke, then a terrific smell! Was he the same who used also to saw the parking meters posts? Police still investigates. 😏
But this answers my question.

This knife doesn't get out much, because it always makes me feel under-dressed. I should keep my eyes peeled for a used tux.
CrNEMzM.jpg

I was going to ask if they ever caught the arsonist.

But this answers my question.

This knife doesn't get out much, because it always makes me feel under-dressed. I should keep my eyes peeled for a used tux.
CrNEMzM.jpg

you can wear It when you ask for your martini shaken, not stirred. At least you cut up some salami to go with some French cheese And crackers. :)

Back