Traditional GAW Celebrating Life, and the Generosity of this Place Winner announced

Daniel Dorn

Gold Member
Winner announced. Post 84: Nature Boy

I have just passed my 5000th post. It sort of snuck up on me. I've been blessed with a good life, though not perfect. I can complain about some things, but when it comes down to it, God has greatly blessed me, with more than I need. With the generosity that is shown here, by the members, Porch sitters, and Old Timers, I felt the need to give back. I am a relatively new "traditionalist" but have quickly come to appreciate the beauty of a knife made in the style of my father, and his father before him. There's something to be said for a knife style that stands the test of time. I watch the new 'super steels' and modern designs of the day come and go. Sure they're cool, but they don't have the power of history behind them.

Anyway, I thought I'd open this up in this forum. It will be open to anyone who has been here (or any of the other forums) as a contributing member. I will use a random number generator, but will most likely check up on you. ;)

I recently purchased this GEC Tidioute 73 trapper with Looking glass "Smokey Oyster" handle. It's a looker, but the acrylic should hold up well, and make a good user, if you want to. I was told it was "1 of 7" so may be rare, if you're into that sort of thing. If not, I'm fine with the winner selling or trading it off. It's a gift, anyway, to use as you would like. For those of you who may send it on a different path, I'd list this as LNIB. It's been coon-fingered, and chicken-eyed, (or is that Coon-eyed and chicken-fingered?) but has not been used, or carried.

If you post, you are in. I appreciate the sentiments of a "Nice gesture, but this is not an entry" post, but I know you deserve a chance. Even if you've just won a knife recently from another GAW, please enter.

I can understand if this particular knife is not your thing, but see above. You can sell, trade, or give it away, once it's yours.

I'll give it a couple weeks or so, just to get some entries in here, to make it interesting.

PkoWjrOl.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I'm not normally a fan of acrylics but it looks good on that knife.
Heck is carry that knife even if it was pink ( if it's carbon steel anyway ) I've only got one carbon steel folder Worth carrying ( both my schrades are lemons ) so I'm definitely in.
Thanks for the generous giveaway, and congrats on 5000 posts 👏

Just wanted to say congratulations on the milestone :) :thumbup:

well done on 5000! :thumbup: i appreciate the opportunity, and thank ya kindly

I dont have an acrylic, nor would I have thought I would want one, but man that one is pretty! I'm in!

Congrats on #5000, and thank you for perpetuating the kindness and generosity.

I'm not sure I qualify as a great contributor yet, but I would be honored to add this to my small but proud collection. I'm in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back